Boat Launch Access

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Ronbonius

Boat Launch Access

Post by Ronbonius » Wed May 31, 2023 2:20 pm

I'll be heading to the lake for my annual week's vacation for the bass season opener. I stay on the Indian River and the only public launch I'm aware of is the state launch on the northwest shore of the main lake. Does anyone know of an available launch a further south and does it have a launch fee? I sometimes launch at Back Bay but the launch was a tad shallow last time I used it. Not sure if it's worth the $20 launch fee I paid.
Ronbo

Musky hunter

Re: Boat Launch Access

Post by Musky hunter » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Heuvelton has a free launch I believe

Ronbonius

Post by Ronbonius » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:40 pm

Heuvelton is even further north than the state launch. I was looking for something a bit further south ... closer to the Indian River. I see Heuvelton isn't even on Black Lake. How does it have a Black Lake launch?
Ronbo

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:10 am

There is no public launch on the south end. There's Back Bay and small private launches. There used to be a private one by the falls if still usable. If so you would probably have to get permission.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Musky hunter

Post by Musky hunter » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:39 pm

Did anybody notice some high water since Sunday 8/6?
Word around the campfire has it that the dam in Heuvelton is experiencing one of those embarrassing bladder control issues again. :oops: