Why?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

brian_c

Why?

Post by brian_c » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Ok.

So I put up a post earlier asking for camping info as I don't camp and it gets pulled. I read through the terms of use and I see its forboden.

WHY???

I don't camp and have friends that want to in the area - preferably close by. Any of the sponsors on the site could have an absolute hole in the ground and I wouldn't know it as I can't get a review here? Great. And that would have the potential to ruin a very good friendship. So instead of bringing people into the area (and $$$ since there's 4 of them coming up) I'll have to tell them to look elsewhere.

Why can't these rules be changed? Seriously. We're a vital source of info for people who may be wanting to stay in the area. By following your rules, who's going to gamble on a report from the owner of the campground, cottage, or RV site? Seriously. It's like asking a used car salesman if there's anything wrong with the car you're thinking of buying. Of course they're going to say NO, nothing's wrong with it in order to get the sale.

Oh and I'd like to thank the admin who pulled my post without even having the decency of telling me why. You could have at least sent me a PM asking the post be modified OR the reason you were deleting it. Simple common courtesy. I'm a fairly easy guy to get along with and would have happily modified my post to fit within the guidelines to get the same info.

**Doesn't asking about camps for sale also fit into this as they are places to stay and yet those magically stay up. Go figure.

kerch123

Re: Why?

Post by kerch123 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm

brian_c wrote:Ok.gee get over it

So I put up a post earlier asking for camping info as I don't camp and it gets pulled. I read through the terms of use and I see its forboden.

WHY???

I don't camp and have friends that want to in the area - preferably close by. Any of the sponsors on the site could have an absolute hole in the ground and I wouldn't know it as I can't get a review here? Great. And that would have the potential to ruin a very good friendship. So instead of bringing people into the area (and $$$ since there's 4 of them coming up) I'll have to tell them to look elsewhere.

Why can't these rules be changed? Seriously. We're a vital source of info for people who may be wanting to stay in the area. By following your rules, who's going to gamble on a report from the owner of the campground, cottage, or RV site? Seriously. It's like asking a used car salesman if there's anything wrong with the car you're thinking of buying. Of course they're going to say NO, nothing's wrong with it in order to get the sale.

Oh and I'd like to thank the admin who pulled my post without even having the decency of telling me why. You could have at least sent me a PM asking the post be modified OR the reason you were deleting it. Simple common courtesy. I'm a fairly easy guy to get along with and would have happily modified my post to fit within the guidelines to get the same info.

**Doesn't asking about camps for sale also fit into this as they are places to stay and yet those magically stay up. Go figure.
getting a hit

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:05 am

Rules are rules. Learn to live with it.

If you really value your friendship with the guys who will be camping at the lake, then do a little a research for them. Make phone calls, look through the campsite's websites ... heck, you can even pull up Google maps and get a darn good overhead view of the sites themselves.

You can also shoot out some PMs to guys on here who are local.

See, there are tons of ways to get the info you need .... just have to be resourceful.

And don't forget, you don't have to pick the perfect place to camp .... it just needs to be clean and comfortable .... it doesn't take much to make a camping fisherman happy.