Winter @ Black Lake

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

craiglemans

Winter @ Black Lake

Post by craiglemans » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm a long time lurker finally saying hello!! Love the website, have learned tons of good info from it. Like so many of you, my family loves our annual trip to Black Lake.

Since we love the lake so much, we've been kicking around the idea of purchasing a camp or land to build something on. I've been a little surprised about the weather at black lake this winter. I would have guess it would have been much colder than what I've seen (I check it almost daily), but the weather has been pretty similar to what we've had in Buffalo this winter.

During winter, how desalate is the black lake area?? It seems most places are seasonal, so I'm guessing it's very very quite during the winter. Also, I had heard that snowmobiling was popular around black lake but haven't really seen much on that.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Winter @ Black Lake

Post by Phil » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Black Lake is definitely quieter in the winter months - but it's not desolate. We probably had a relatively mild winter compared to "normal" this year. I can remember many years when there would be minimal snow for snowmobiling around this area.
Phil

Glenp

Re: Winter @ Black Lake

Post by Glenp » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:28 pm

We built a camp/house on the lake in 2009-10 with year around access. Every season at the lake is absolutely stunning. I enjoy winter as much as I enjoy the warmer months.