Keeping up with the Countdown

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishinmagician

Keeping up with the Countdown

Post by fishinmagician » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I must have fell asleep at the switch, I just checked the calander and it's only 14 weeks to the BL bass-opener. Now thats something to get excited about. Time to pull the tarp off the old bassinater which is now my son's boat, and get my new rig ready to go. Her name is, are you ready for this? "Hydro-Therapy" is that a good name for a bass boat or what? She's a 96 Stratos 278 w/ a 150 Evinrude, was garage kept one owner absolutly a cream puff. She does just over 60 mph. Black Lake just got a whole lot smaller. Looking forward to seeing all you folks on the forum on the lake, I will be up for the first two weeks of bass season. If you spot a Dark Blue and silver sparkle Stratos from NJ pull up and say HI.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Keeping up with the Countdown

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Sounds like a pretty nice rig. Great name - how is she outfitted?
Phil

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 am

She has a 70lb minnkota TM. A b&w hummingbird up front. On the console it has an old style Lowrance flasher, I'm looking into a Lowrance HD with SI or a Hummingbird w/SI don't know which way to go on that one. Has front and rear live wells, and wired for plug in black light and white light fixtures port and starboard. For a 15 year old boat it's got more bells and whistles than I'm use to. I have a lot to learn about her, but it should be fun. I got her late last fall, so I didn't get a chance to fish it yet. You know with hunting season starting there's just no time (LOL)
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:52 am

Nice set up. Those Lowrance HD units are really nice. I've got my eye on an upgrade to one of those as well.
Good luck on the lake this season.
Phil