A little Help Please

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bassprojjr

A little Help Please

Post by Bassprojjr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 pm

I have never been to Black Lake before and am looking for a tip or 2! I am going from June 5th-11th and was wondering where a good place to start to look for walleye is. We are staying at the southwest corner of the lake. If anyone is feeling generous tips as to troll for them or cast. I have a hand held h20c with lake map chip, but only being there 5 days any help will be appreciated. Thanks

wildchild

Re: A little Help Please

Post by wildchild » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm

While I don't pretend to be a walleye expert, from what I have read on this forum, trolling live bait rigs through The Narrows seems to be a polular strategy. Good luck and I'm sure you will be hearing from others soon. Welcome to the forum by the way!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 am

Welcome Bassprojjr. Walleye are a hard to fish to concentrate on for your first trip to Black Lake. You have to find them the narrows are a good place to start as Wildchild recommended. Take the time read this forum,especially the fishing report part of this forum. There is a great deal of info people have shared. Start with a hotspot map, they can be found at any of the stores around the lake. My advice is to relax and enjoy the lake and hopefully the walleye will be there for you.

Bassprojjr

Post by Bassprojjr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks for the input it is much appreciated I have a hotmaps chip in my gps and it says walleye from conger shoals to and through the narrows. Also around Raspberry Island I just don't about that time of year just after the spawn. Thanks for the welcome and info about other post i will check them out!

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:57 am

Bassprojjr wrote:Thanks for the input it is much appreciated I have a hotmaps chip in my gps and it says walleye from conger shoals to and through the narrows. Also around Raspberry Island I just don't about that time of year just after the spawn. Thanks for the welcome and info about other post i will check them out!
Just following the spawn - depending on the timing - walleye can still be found in the indian river going to Rossie.
Phil