WATER LEVEL

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

crabbymom

water levels?

Post by crabbymom » Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

my family and i are coming up to black lake this weekend. i was wondering how the fishing was and if the waters are still high over the docks? ive been coming up with my family and friends from wolcott ny for the past 30 years......we look forward to our fishing trips every year

fisherman2582

Re: water levels?

Post by fisherman2582 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Water levels will most likely be high we did ok all things considered. We caught lots of panfish. One 13 inch female crappie, and nice bass of course while searching for them crappie. Pike fishing stunk, and walleye fishing was also not terrific in Black lake. We tried to drift walleye with night crawler harnesses and could not keep perch off our lines just to many perch. dinks too but good luck hope this helps ya on your trip expect water too be at least 3-4 ft higher than usual good fishing!!!

Phil
Site Admin

Re: WATER LEVEL

Post by Phil » Mon May 16, 2011 8:10 pm

LOTs of water falling from the sky - water levels are likely to be at least as high, probably higher, than they have been yet this spring. Watch this webcam - the water gets over the rocks on shore - it'll be "high".
Phil

crabbymom

Post by crabbymom » Tue May 17, 2011 2:41 pm

ptrivilino wrote:LOTs of water falling from the sky - water levels are likely to be at least as high, probably higher, than they have been yet this spring. Watch this webcam - the water gets over the rocks on shore - it'll be "high".
thank you for the fishing info, and water levels . i really appreciate it alot.... :D

johncran

Post by johncran » Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 am

The lake came back up another foot. Oh well, as long as I can get my docks in before opening day of bass.

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Thu May 19, 2011 1:55 pm

With the water up so high, Does anyone know if you can still get a pontoon boat under the Edwardsville bridge?

Tori

Post by Tori » Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 pm

I have a cottage on the north end and brought our pontoon boat under the bridge. We had to take the top bimini or what ever it is called off to get under.....think we had 62 inches and that was all. Our pontoon boat is 22 ft. I parked near the bridge and took a tape measure down to the water under the bridge to measure.
Tori

marmala55
Newly Registered User

Post by marmala55 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Just wondering how this weeks rain has effected the overall lake levels. Is it still rising or is there any falling of lake levels from last week? Thanks!

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Water is high and still rising this evening.
Phil

marmala55
Newly Registered User

Post by marmala55 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 am

Am I right in assuming the lake water level continues to rise from last week? Yikes! Don't know about getting the cottage opened for Memorial day this year. Definetly no dock at our place. Anyone have dock space to rent in the Big Bay area?

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 am

Tori wrote:I have a cottage on the north end and brought our pontoon boat under the bridge. We had to take the top bimini or what ever it is called off to get under.....think we had 62 inches and that was all. Our pontoon boat is 22 ft. I parked near the bridge and took a tape measure down to the water under the bridge to measure.
Tori
Thanks Tori,

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Sun May 22, 2011 7:08 am

Went out yesterday. Almost didn't make it under the bridge with my regular bass boat.

Niagara-eyes

Post by Niagara-eyes » Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Water is very high as of yesterday. There is considerable current under the bridge and I had to duck while boating underneath in my 16' Lund. The green buoy is underwater!

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun May 22, 2011 7:20 pm

That is just insane!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am

Holy Crap! Just what we need is a little more rain :evil: It was hard to imagine the water being so high at the lake. Thanks for the picture of the bridge WOW! I sure hope it goes down soon. We are scheduled to be at the lake the last week in June.