Lake Debris

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

johncran

Lake Debris

Post by johncran » Mon May 23, 2011 10:24 am

I can't believe all the boats last weekend that were flyin' up and down the lake like normal. :shock:
There is sooooo much debris in the lake it's unbelievable, submerged logs, trees, lumber etc.
You hit some of this stuff and you'll tear out your whole lower end and then some. :cry: It could be a very dangerous and costly outing. Don't say you weren't warned. Be safe.

bluschen

Re: Lake Debris

Post by bluschen » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

I agree with you! Several times over the past week I came across a lot of stuff out there including a 10 foot 2X6 and even came across a piece of dock floating in the water. Be careful out there

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Tue May 24, 2011 12:14 pm

I am guilty. I went out Saturday and drove all over just to get the boat out and spend some time on the water under the sun with the wife. I will not do that again after reading what you two have seen. Makes me sick to my stomach that I could have been hurt as well as the boat. Thanks for the information. Let's hope all calms down soon.

tmutt

Post by tmutt » Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanx for the reminder! We know to watch for debris on the lake in the spring time but a reminder is always hepful. :arrow:
Tight lines,

Tmutt