A question for cottage owners

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bob-O

A question for cottage owners

Post by Bob-O » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Our family recently purchased a cottage on the southern end of the lake near Rossie. We have been taking our trash home will us for removal. Is there a place we could take it to locally? I would rather pay a little extra to drive it someplace close then riding with it in our vehicle for five hours. :?:
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

Fishpro

Re: A question for cottage owners

Post by Fishpro » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

I have been coming to Black Lake for over 50 yrs. I know of no place to rid of one's trash. Would recommend checking around Rossie for possible disposal or even a nominal fee service. I commend you though on taking your trash home for disposal. If everyone removed their trash that they bring up to their camps then maybe we woldn't be seeing the beer cans, soda bottles , plastics etc etc floating around the lake as we do from time to time. Good luck in your endeavor. Catch & Release!

earl

Post by earl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 pm

We have a place in rossie.there is a private guy that picks up during the week.A local has a key to our garage and we put the garbage in there and he puts it out on pick up day.We pay the cost and a little to make it worth his while.There used to be a dump station in Gov.Rt. 11 just out side the town

3wisem

Post by 3wisem » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:23 am

The station on rt11 just north of gov. is still open. Since you own property you can get a dump pass.

Curt In Heuvy

Post by Curt In Heuvy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 am

there is the slc transfer station on the arnold wagner rd off rt 68 before ogdensburg. if you have a lot there are the scales and you can also buy bags inside the scale house.

FishingForFun2010

Post by FishingForFun2010 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Minimum Charge at transfer station is $15.00. The bag idea might be your way to go if you don't have too much trash. Their website has the hours, locations and prices posted on it. http://www.co.st-lawrence.ny.us/Departments/SolidWaste/

irishman13

Post by irishman13 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:31 am

The number to the garbage place that picks up for us in Rossie is 315-286-0354. I think it is like $3.00/bag, better than 5 hours in the car!