Irene

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ken18621

Irene

Post by ken18621 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 pm

It looks like Irene might put a damper on the tail end of our trip. I am looking at the forecast for Hammond for Sunday and it is calling for 11 mph winds.

At what wind speed does it create conditions to rough on the lake to travel safely in a boat?

ICE ADDICT

Re: Irene

Post by ICE ADDICT » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 am

I was there last week Ken and we had one day of 15-25 MPH SW winds, we were staying at The Log Cabins, and that much wind from that direction was definitely too much for me.
Heck, if your in the far northern end or Southern end, theres always someplace to get out of the wind on Black Lake, but If you have to roam any great distances across the main lake in those winds it can be a bit too much in my opinion....Not to mention it all depends on what kind of boat you running too.
John Battistella

ken18621

Re: Irene

Post by ken18621 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 am

We will be on the main part of the lake at Pleasant View. So we would have to cross the main part to find sheltered waters. We will be in a 19' bass boat.

I know that we had strong winds last year for the fourth of july and it wasnt fun going across the lake in a 16' rental.