advice on fishing this upcoming weekend

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

radelizi

advice on fishing this upcoming weekend

Post by radelizi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Family fishing trip this weekend and want some tips on the lakes current conditions. We are looking for a nice big pike for grandpa, so any fall fishing tips/places wood be helpfull(hopefully from someone that really knows the lake). Thanks much- R

Ballz out Bassin

Re: advice on fishing this upcoming weekend

Post by Ballz out Bassin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Good luck trying to get anyone to reply on this site. If you notice sometimes hundreds of people will view peoples post, however nobody ever really responds. I don't understand this at all. I thought this site was for people to share there experiences on the lake, and to share tips and hints to help everyone catch fish. Apparently this isn't the case. Nobody is asking anyone here for their secret lure, or their top secret spots, just advise. This usually falls on deaf ears here. I've only fished on Black Lake in late June, so I can try to help. I was using a lot of top water lures and doing well. I did most of my damage using poppers, swimbaits, spinnerbaits, senkos, and crankbaits. I tried to target areas with a lot of rocks. I looked for where the rocks entered the water on a steep angle and fished these areas. I too am coming up to Black Lake soon. I'm fishing the weekend of October 1st and 2nd. I had a recent post asking for the same advise last week, but for whatever reason my post was deleted. Good luck, catch and release, and let me/us know how you do, and what the hot lure was.

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

The reason you are not getting replies is possibly that most of us do not live in the BL area. I do fish the lake in the fall but not for the species about which you ask. I also know from experience that very few people fish the lake in October. You will however, find waterfowl hunters!

Ballz out Bassin

Post by Ballz out Bassin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 am

Thanks for the reply Glenp. Lol. You may be right about people not living in the Black Lake area, but I don't live there either. I live in NJ and have only fished there twice myself. Both times in June. My point is if your on this forum you must have fished the lake, and continue to fish the lake or what sense would it make to be on here? Like I said I've only been there twice, but I'm going to continue to go back yearly because it's a fun time. I only ask questions to help me understand this lake and when and where to fish, and what lures are working at certain times. I fish more than most and would gladly comment on a post if I thought I could help. I'm just wandering how the bite is in early fall, and what type of lures would be best at this time. I hope the Smallies are crushing everything I throw October 1st and 2nd. Again, thanks for the reply. If ya here anything about the smallmouth action please post. Thanks

bigmouth

Post by bigmouth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 am

I live on the lake and fish here almost every day. I can answer questions any time about levels, algae, weeds, etc. 8)

kspako

Post by kspako » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 am

I was there 2 weeks ago the spiner baits were working on the weed lines in about 7' of water for pike and jigs for smallmouth on the deep souls.Good Luck

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:51 pm

You can get most of your advice from reading this forum. Although I have to say the fish change day to day.you can hammer fish like crazy in a spot at one time the next day go back to the same area and not catch a thing not even a hit :evil: Thats the glory of any fishing spot. If the fish just jumped in the boat what fun would that be. :lol: everyone on this forum gives a lot of good advice or what worked for them at that time. Sometimes I read this forum over and over and learn something everytime I read it. My advice is to be prepared to use at least 4 different types of lures or bait. and keep trying until you find what works. We have had times when we did not find it until the end of our stay bummer.. anyhow good luck and don't stress it to much.

biggerbass

Post by biggerbass » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:07 am

I just returned from 3 day trip to BL. Fall is always frustrating for me. 2 days of bluebird skies, no wind, few fish. 3rd day loaded the boat w/ LGMB. ( i beleive it was because of the storm front coming through. with wind , rain & overcast skies) That day was the only day I fished north of the bridge so I am not sure if it was location or just weather conditions. All Fish came on a 4' black wacky rigged senko & a 3" black/blue beaver. This was a last minute trip for me & chosen because of the good weather forcast. Next time I'll pick nastier weather. BL is still an awsome fishery. I WILL BE BACK!
PS.... thanks to all in this forum for the info.

bigmouth

Post by bigmouth » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Been pounding the Bass with a 3/8 black/black spinnerbait with a single colorado blade.

Ballz out Bassin

Post by Ballz out Bassin » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Good to know..I'll be up on the lake Saturday morning..I'll have to pack a few of those spinnerbaits..The only thing that is scaring me now is it looks like a cold front is going to hit Saturday..I hoping the fish don't get lock-jaw on me..lol..Thanks for the update