Fish Creek WMU

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Paul
Newly Registered User

Fish Creek WMU

Post by Paul » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Does anyone hunt snowshoe rabbits in Fish Creek WMU? If so, where is a good spot to take a young hunter (14 yrs old) for some snowshoe action. Also interested in good grouse cover as well. Thanks! Paul

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Fish Creek WMU

Post by Phil » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 am

Paul wrote:Does anyone hunt snowshoe rabbits in Fish Creek WMU? If so, where is a good spot to take a young hunter (14 yrs old) for some snowshoe action. Also interested in good grouse cover as well. Thanks! Paul
Good luck on that one. There are so many coyotes around here, rabbits and grouse don't have a chance. Maybe, some day, mother nature will turn the tables again?
I haven't heard of any good snowshoe hunting in the area for many years.
Phil

Paul
Newly Registered User

Re: Fish Creek WMU

Post by Paul » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 am

Thanks for the response. I plan to hunt this weekend at Fish Creek.......maybe we'll see some of those pheasants that get released every year. I'll keep looking for a good rabbit spot. I grew up hunting with my dad and four older brothers. We had the best of times. I have two son's 14 and 8 years old. Both really love hunting and the outdoors but it's just gotton so hard to find open land with good cover along with enough small game. Just trying to give them the same gift of the outdoors that my Dad did. Thanks again.