Wood Floating Dock - Free to good home

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ranger617

Wood Floating Dock - Free to good home

Post by ranger617 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am

I have a 27 ft x 10 ft wood / steel floating dock that needs a new home. FREE. It's currently beached at my cottage shoreline: 2642 Rt 6.

Built with steel frame and steel "drums". Previous owner just left it anchored in the lake during the winter. Dock was built by the guy over on Rt 37 / Black Bay road in Hammond. This dock is heavy.
Wood Floating Dock.jpg
Wood Floating Dock.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
If you want to look at the dock, feel free to stop over. There's a chain across the entrance to the driveway. If you take it down, please put it back up.

Must be gone by Thanksgiving, either dismantled or floated to a new home.

email: deyod@frontiernet.net

Bassbuster

Re: Wood Floating Dock - Free to good home

Post by Bassbuster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Nice offer. However the only problem with metal docks is there heavy and once the metal barrels rust through they fill with water and r useless and almost impossible to get back out of the water for replacement. So unfortunately many of these barrels/docks end up at the bottom of the lake. Might consider cutting up and scraping it. Thanks

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Bassbuster wrote:Nice offer. However the only problem with metal docks is there heavy and once the metal barrels rust through they fill with water and r useless and almost impossible to get back out of the water for replacement. So unfortunately many of these barrels/docks end up at the bottom of the lake. Might consider cutting up and scraping it. Thanks
Good "structure" 8)
Phil

ranger617

Post by ranger617 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Fortunately this dock may have found a new home. When you don't have a dock, even this one has potential. I'll know more this week. I really don't want it used as structure as good as that sounds.

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:32 am

In case you don't have a home for the dock. How are the barrels strapped in the frame? can
they be easily removed and replace with Plastic drums? Thanks

ranger617

Post by ranger617 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:11 am

Honestly, I don't know. I never crawled underneath it to see. Assuming we have no issues getting off the shoreline, the new owner will be towing it to it's new location Saturday, 11/12.