Let the countdown commence....again!

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fisherman2582

Re: Let the countdown commence....again!

Post by fisherman2582 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 am

Heading up in seven days water is rising fast seems really high again too me water is right up too the pole again water was at the end of the dock a week ago. Water still isn't as high as last year ,but rain is in the forecast again and that cant be a good thing river and creeks in western New york are blown out and rain is coming again. We will still catch fish anyways but crappie fishing was poor on the shore last year and hope that doesnt repeat itself again this year. Really stoked for our trip have been coming for almost twenty years and its my Birthday present to myself good fishing too all and appreciate any updates that are available. Would like to know current temps of water if anyone knows. Thanks again too moderators of site as this is a useful tool too all fisherman and others

TeamEighmey

Post by TeamEighmey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 am

Gotta think outside the box, last year when the lake was flooded out the crappie schooled up in theflooded out woods, I mean literally in the woods some people had their boats 50 -100 ft in the woods, we pulld alongside the treeline and worked it up and back and we caught hundreds literaly, seemingly every year depending on the weather thier in a diffrent spot, and sometimes lke last year its not the most obvious either

fisherman2582

Post by fisherman2582 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I heard this from others but have too large of a boat and cannot fit in tight spots. i also fished in the woods and had eight guys in camps an we caught two crappie. Every year i have found them in different places. But still did not think overall it was a good year guys i talked too got a few in the woods, but not like u say the best we have ever done the water temps were a steady 59 to 62 degrees and when i say wail fish i mean we hammered crappie i know alot of people and did not here of people catching them like u say not saying u didnt catch them just sayin u must have been in the right spot at the right time. i appreciate the info and if it is high I will have too try your suggestion thanks much appreciated. Washin the coolers now can't wait. We always catch fish and too me it doesn't matter if i catch crappie or not. bluegills are abundant and we did not have trouble catching them. lake as over population of them and i feel spring anglers need to keep more of these. Thanks again for your help and good fishing to all in your party.

TeamEighmey

Post by TeamEighmey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 am

Ya I agree , every year we find them in the same place, and Im the same way its nice to catch crappie because they taste so good for the end of the week fish fry , but Im happy to just be away from work out on the water , ya deffinitly give it a shot if the water is as high as last year , the funny thing is last year the first two days we were unable to get our boats on the water due to the wind, and we didnt actualy locate the crappie until the last two days of the week, they were pretty much all over in the woods sitting tight to the trees, we would make a couple passes up and down the shoreline then go on retrieval missions to retreive all of our jigs and bobbers that got hung up in the process, the first day we found them that night when we returned to the fish hut to clean twe actualy brent our live well cage , it was quite the task trying to fit 100 crappie in it, most of the people at McClears heard about it and came down to take pics of the fish, and the next day there was a good amount of boats over fishing the woods but neverless we were able to all catch our limit both days, and Im sure the other boats did as well, there was a couple just putting into the woods retriving everyone tackle lol they even got ours during our last trip out lol they went buy and we asked how they were doing they said " its just like walmart" and we were confused we were asking about the fishing then when we went on our last retrieval run all our stuff was gone lol.....I was intending on posting last years pics but when I got on I could not for the life of me figure out how to post pics, I have them on my Facbook page but when I tried to transfer said image too big so i resized them on my PC and then it still wouldnt let me, maybe I have to resize and then reload them on FB before I dont know Im sure Ill get it figured out sometime soon, and we have 16 days left until we head back up there, I will be starting a thred on this forum documenting were we find the fish I know alot of poeple would disagree with it but I figure theres enouph fish to go around, I, like any other fisherman dont like to be crowded by boats , but if Ive had a good day of fishing in a certain region of the lake I dont mind spreding the wealth....Good Luck to you as well, Happy Fishing

492VS

Post by 492VS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am

If the wind is that stiff from the south west. I would trailer your boat and launch it at the Back Bay campground (one of the webcams with the docks) They might charge you a couple of bucks but from there is many good areas to fish protected from the very stiff winds.

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 pm

62 days till we're at Rogers.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

TeamEighmey

Post by TeamEighmey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 am

15 Days until our Black Lake Trip.......Im pumped!!

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm with ya Eighmey... we will be up there the same week and staying at Kennedy's. Brother and sister in law are coming over today and we're finalizing all the plans...just hope the lake is up and the winds are down!!! Tackle is all together, the boat is ready and new line on all the poles . Pike and Crappie look out

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:46 pm

I look forward to the pike updates, my gang moved our focuss to chasing them the past two summers and did well. Anyone know how lonesome bay is looking with the low water level? Can't be fishsble.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

kaspernepa

Post by kaspernepa » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 am

Our group will be up Mother's day weekend, as we have for the past 15 yrs. Stayin at the log cabins. Hope the weather is a bit nicer than last year. It snowed! 11 of us this trip with 2 youngsters (12-13 yr olds) to treat them to some great spring pike fishing.

Yanacocha

Post by Yanacocha » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 am

Just got back to Florida after a week at Black Lake, the most beautiful place on earth. Hated to leave but the cabin is now ready for summer fun. Woke up to snow the second day and even that was a beautiful site. The water level was maybe five feet lower than usual, could tell by the distance of water to the dock posts on shore, but came up about a foot before I left. Can't wait for June....

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 am

Only 4 more days til we are there! cant wait, will be staying at pleasant view. The walleye and crappies better look out! weather looks like its going to break finally. Gonna be a great time !

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Two weeks to go now! Gonna be dreaming of the lake every day now. Had the boat on the water today, running well and ready to bust some BL bass. Then let them go to be caught again, panfish will fry though!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 am

Headed up in 9 hours, good luck all! See ya on the water!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

PATWIGS

Post by PATWIGS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 am

42 days and counting towards another great Black Lake vacation. Can't get here soon enough.