Where to take my son, first time at Black Lake!

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

moore146

Where to take my son, first time at Black Lake!

Post by moore146 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:43 am

Hello everyone, I am wanting to know of some good spots on the lake for some shoreline Crappie and Bullhead fishing. I'm not looking to rent a cabin or anything like that I am from the area but have never been over to the Lake. I'm looking for some area where we can just go for a couple of hours and sit on the bank and fish. It would have to be a reasonable safe spot for a youngster >10 yrs of age. I have tried doing numerous searches on the web but I just keep getting things saying there are lots of shoreline fishing but it doesn't come out and say where. So I hope you folks can help any help would be appreciated. :-)

Tori

Re: Where to take my son, first time at Black Lake!

Post by Tori » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 am

An easy spot to fish with your son would be in Edwardsville where the bridge crosses the lake. I see lots of folks and the Amish fishing there. Easy to park on the side and get to. Plenty of stones for your son to throw in the water after he gets bored!
Tori

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am

Much of the lake is private land - that is the biggest stumbling block you have.
Tori's suggestion of the Edwardsville Causeway is a good one. You can also fish the shoreline at the boat launch for bullhead (done it many times).
You could also stop and ask permission of landowners.
Good luck.
Phil

moore146

Post by moore146 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for the quick fast reply's. I will have to give that spot a try. We actually went last night to a place in Waddington for bullheads but didn't have a single one bite. The bass were biting like crazy though so we left and decided to call it a night. Yeah younger children can get bored quick, so plenty of stones to toss will be entertainment for him. Thanks again everyone for the quick fast help.