29 days, cant wait

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

riverposie

29 days, cant wait

Post by riverposie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am

Cant wait. We will be there from June 15 (opener) to July 13.. 29 days of fishing....how wonderful God is : to us.

wildchildz

Re: 29 days, cant wait

Post by wildchildz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 am

Will be there a week latter and only have one week, good luck and enjoy!

ranger393

Post by ranger393 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm

We will be there for the opener for the week and back on July 13 for the week and back on Aug.9th for a long weekend till the 12th, I missed last year due to a battle with cancer, I beat it so it is time to enjoy our time on B/L. :lol:
Set the Hook and Hold on to the Rod

Gary

Post by Gary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 am

we have been coming to BL for about 10 years, usually for a week ot two in July and Sept,
however, this year, we have a sessional rental from May to Oct. We won,t be there all the time, but it should be about 7 weeks total. My wife works in the school system.
As soon as she is out, we are there.

We have a nice cottage, about 50 ft. From the water.
Sit on the porch, watch the sun come up, while eating breakfast and coffee. when we get darn good and ready, go fishing. Or maybe sit around all day and drink beer.
People stop by in there boats. It,s a good thing.

If I get a chance, I want to come up in late May or 1st week of June for n.Pike. Does any one have pointers on pike that time of year. My thinking is that they will still be in shallow waters. How is the weed growth?

yep, we are getting excited. By the way, If you blow on the ice will it melt faster!

Gary

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Gary. The early season pike fishing is usually pretty good in the shallow bays. Lots of folks fish a minnow, under a bobber (float) so it's just over the weeds; while drifting the bays.
Don't hurry the ice away! We were in single digits last night and pretty darn cold for the last 3 days (ice-making weather for sure) 8)
Eventhough pike season is over till May, I still got lots of panfish to catch. :big-grin:

Just a little remeberance: Last year, closing day of pike season: fishing through the ice on Black Lake in the AM - fishing out of my boat in the St. Lawrence in the afternoon. Catching Walleye in both instances. Just doesn't get any better than that. :D
Phil

erik

Post by erik » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Gary im right there with you. I can't wait to put the dock out and get the boat in the lake. I'm hoping to get the dock in by april 14th or 21st weather permitting! Erik