Gerald "Jerry" Gilbert Memorial Tournament Online

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wildchild

Gerald "Jerry" Gilbert Memorial Tournament Online

Post by wildchild » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 am

Allright, here we go. For this tourmament the rules are as follows. We will kick this off on the bass season opener and conclude at noon on Sept. 26th. Winners will be posted at 8:00 PM on Sept 27th. We will have both adult and youth catagories, with youth being 12 yrs. and under. Two photos of submitted fish are required, one clearly showing the length, and the other clearly showing girth. For the girth photo, I highly recomend using a flexible plastic measuring tape. They are cheap and available at bass pro and and any store with a craft department. Please remember that all I have to go on is the quality of the photos. When posting the leaders, I will list the angler and the calculated weight only. I will not list the measurments as I see them. For the youth anglers, I would like to see a photo of the child with their catch. Not to try to judge age but I feel like the youngsters will like to see their picture on here with their catch. This is not a requirement, merely a suggestion. Fish will be judged by species. Species elligable for this tourmament will include, and are limited to; largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass, and walleye. I cannot do panfish because I would have to list them all seperately due to the accuracy of the fish weight calculator that I will be using. I expect everyone to submit fish caught as soon as possible after the catch, while I cannot enforce this I also cannot calculate 200 fish posted on the last day. I will also allow one "cull" per person. NOT ONE CULL PER PERSON PER SRECIES, so use it wisely. To clarify a "cull", this allows an angler to remove a fish and replace it with a larger one caught latter in the year. I will be keeping track of all fish posted and will know when the cull is used. Rember that this is to honor Jerry, and is more for fun that anythig else. At the conclusion of the tournament all winners can PM me with their address for the purpose of shipping the winning certificates. Please post all submitted fish here, not on the planning thread. Thank you and good luck all.

Oops, I forgot to mention the one fish per species per person limit. Thanks.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Good Luck wild. I Caught mine in April when you were just thinking about Black Lake and have been feeding it much fish food to fatten up....lol Just kiddin...thanks for all you are doing. I will try my hardest to make him proud and catch that big one. Doing so by using advice I received from Jerry about trying his favorite 8 or so lures that were all hand tied to different poles, then moving to the next spot. I have tried this tactic already this year and had tons of success on pike and bass that I wasn't targeting. I used to be so decided on the lure I wanted to use that day and where I wanted to fish it, that I would spend hours. Jerry...really taught me a lot. RIP

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 am

I haven't seen any postings for the tournament. I'm hopeing the fishing is not that bad, or that it has not been forgotton.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 pm

RIP JERRY. It is quite crazy that we just happened to pick 8pm for both events. Jerry is VERY much missed. I think he would have kept this forum focused and added so much more usefull information that would have helped us all this year.