Do the farms smell on the North end?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

MrSimon

Do the farms smell on the North end?

Post by MrSimon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 pm

My wife and I are considering buying a small cottage on the north end of the lake, close to Camp Carol.

I notice there are plenty of farms up there, and I've smelled them from time to time over the years, but didn't think about it much cause I was catching fish.

But I'm wondering what it would be like to own a cottage next to one of those farms.

Any thoughts?

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Do the farms smell on the North end?

Post by Phil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm

If you happen to be down wind from one of them, you will smell it. :O
Prevailing winds are WSW.
Phil

Tori

Re: Do the farms smell on the North end?

Post by Tori » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Mr. Simon,
I own a cottage a little past the Davies Monument and we do smell the cow products from time to time. I don't really mind the smell as it reminds me of the country and the old simpler days. Each cottage has its pros and cons. We are not on the swimming end of the lake for sure! We have more weeds and less dept in the water. On the plus side we are away from Black Lake Rd. and do not hear the car and truck traffic like the cottages towards the Town of Edwardsville. We have very few cottages on both sides of the lake and have much more privacy than cottages on the south end. You are closer to the Berg to and the St. Lawrence!
I live in Rochester and sometimes wish the road trip was shorter, but I could never have the place I have on Black Lake for one of the Finger Lakes cottages. Taxes are way better too!
Buy the place!
Tori