Hey Phil any chance your out there

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Flukeman

Hey Phil any chance your out there

Post by Flukeman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:25 am

Phil we have our bullhead meeting today to decide if we will be able to get out up there the last weekend of April. I was wondering if you could tell me how much snow on the ground and what ice thickness you think there is right now? Want to try to give some kind of report today so folks have an idea.

It looks like 50's and 60's this upcoming week for you guys, so we are hoping we don't have to cancel. Of course the weather minions are only right about 27% of the time, so it may snow :big-grin:

Thanks,
Jeff Edgarton
Youth Director Good Ole Boys Jr. BASS Club

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Hey Phil any chance your out there

Post by Phil » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 am

Flukeman wrote:Phil we have our bullhead meeting today to decide if we will be able to get out up there the last weekend of April. I was wondering if you could tell me how much snow on the ground and what ice thickness you think there is right now? Want to try to give some kind of report today so folks have an idea.

It looks like 50's and 60's this upcoming week for you guys, so we are hoping we don't have to cancel. Of course the weather minions are only right about 27% of the time, so it may snow :big-grin:

Thanks,
I was out yesterday - 28" of ice. Depending on the weather, I would not bet one way, or the other, right now on when the ice might disappear. Some snow and ice on the ground - Maybe as much as 6" in places - it's going fast. Of course the shorelines will go first - but that has not even happened yet. Areas where there is drainage into the lake are opening up. You are right on the weather forecast - this next week will tell a lot.
Phil

Flukeman

Post by Flukeman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Thank you Phil!
Jeff Edgarton

Tori

Post by Tori » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Jeff,
Are you with the guys who fish for bullheads at McLears? I do enjoy watching that group catch fish and list the boats with their catch. I think your group gives many of your fish to the Boy Scouts too.
Are you all friends or relatives?
Thanks for any reply!
Tori

Flukeman

Post by Flukeman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Hello Tori,

Yes I am with that group. We give the Boy Scouts what they want, a few guys take some home, all the rest go back in the lake.

Unfortunately, right now everything is on hold at the moment. McClears is afraid they won't be able to have running water for us. Monday I am going to start calling some other places up there to see if there are other options. We all have the time off, so we are going to be doing something. It is now just a matter of where we are going for the weekend. It may become a perch fishing trip at Sodus Bay or something.

Hopefully something will break and it will be Black Lake!
Jeff Edgarton

Tori

Post by Tori » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Jeff,
No water because of freezing temps still?
I heard that you guys put his docks in for him and stay in the cottages at a reduced price. That sounds like a good deal for both of you!

The perch trip to Sodus sounds like fun too! You would probably have more guys keeping that great eating fish!
Tori