First Time Poster - Fishing trip May 1st

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

The Juice is Loose
Newly Registered User

First Time Poster - Fishing trip May 1st

Post by The Juice is Loose » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 am

Hey all!

Just wanted to say hello. First time poster on this board. Used to go to Black Lake as a kid in the 90's with my parents.

My brother and I, along with our 2 cousins (basically brothers) have booked a trip to stay at North Country Cottages the first weekend in May. Is anybody else planning trips then?

We intend to mainly target Pike, something we are well versed in, having logged many hours fishing Sodus Bay. However, with the season opening Saturday, we intend to target Catfish on Friday. I was wondering if anybody had any tips to share, as I have never targeted catfish before, and only recall ever catching 1 on Black Lake, many moons ago.

Any feedback is welcome! Look forward to chatting and will share if I am fortunate enough to catch anything!

mopsny

Re: First Time Poster - Fishing trip May 1st

Post by mopsny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am

I have been fishing Black for over 40 years , we fish mostly with live minnows , we do pretty well with cats , we fish along the edge of the channel with bobbers and the minnows about 3 ft down , the bigger the minnows the better , small ones catch perch , we catch most of the cats in the fall , but do get a few in the spring .... good luck , we'll be up there sometime in may ...