Team Eighmey Trip

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

TeamEighmey2014

Team Eighmey Trip

Post by TeamEighmey2014 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:22 pm

(I planned on including pictures in this posting but upon trying too it informed the pics are too big so I have to make the files smaller then I will post them on this thread)

So , let me start by apologizing for not keeping everyone updated during the trip as we usually do, internet was very limited this year . So all in all we had a great trip as usual. Like always we went up to target the Crappie , unfortunately when we first arrived the water temp was still a few degrees to cold for the spawn , we found tons of them deep but nothing would bite but a dinker here and there, by mid to late week we had some good warm rain and the crappie bite started to pick up we found them in a few small bays , the few times we did find em we ended up with 15-20 in the basket, one time I was with my Father and Uncle and we unknowingly parked right on top of them , the action was hot and heavy we were catching them on bobber and tube jig rigs tipped with minnows also just plain tube jigs on bottom and one point they where hitn lines that weren't in the water but a inch while the poles sat leaning in the boat while we fiddled with our other poles . My largest was 13 3/4 we caught a few 13"rs and even more 12"rs but there was plenty of shorts in the mix. So we didn't end up with a ton of fillets , but plenty enough to give to our Great Aunt and Uncle to take home with them. We searched long and far for Catfish , Thank You to you guys who contacted us and provided us with tips on places you had been catching cats , we really appreciate it . I had one big solid bite one night fishing the Osquigatchy but the hook pulled after only a minute or so . My brother landed a barbet 27 1/2 inches one night out in front of the cabin . One day me and my brother also hit a bay that we had always seen from road but never fished off of the St. Lawrence , we were throwing rappalas hoping for pike trying to secure the Big Fish category in our cabin fishing contest and we stumbled upon some of the Biggest Bass I've ever caught . we understand they are not in season and we were not targeting them , you cant help what bites but we made sure all made it back quickly and safely into the water we caught 16 in a cple hours nothing under 18" our biggest was a 20 1/2" 5lb small mouth caught by my brother and a 20" 5lb largemouth I caught I will include all pics I got of them in this post. We fished Chippewa Bay also , biggest fish out of there was a 28" Pike caught our buddy Chris. I think we caught at least 3-4 pike and a cple bass from that spot on that day except for me I managed 2 puny perch lol . So on the last day we decided to catfish a Bay we had spotted night fishing on a previous day hoping to pull something big out of it we were throwing rappalas hoping for a nice pike or a big Walleye , my cousin ended up looking into the biggest Muskellunge we have ever seen , understanding that they were out of season and it was spawning time for them we documented and returned it to the water , we actually made our local news link to story is

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index. ... cart_river

the story has pictures and video of release

There are 2 videos on Youtube.com
One has Explicit Language its under " St. Lawrence River Muskellunge "
the other is edited for language its " St. Lawrence Muskellunge Team Do Work"

I am probably running out of characters for this thread if I haven't already I will try and attach pics of all described fish ..all in all amazing time and life long memories for all of us.

Zuma_Eighmey
Newly Registered User

Re: Team Eighmey Trip

Post by Zuma_Eighmey » Thu May 22, 2014 8:55 am