TV Reception on Black Lake

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Fishpro

TV Reception on Black Lake

Post by Fishpro » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm

I would like to thank Phil and all of you out there that gave me information concerning TV Reception. I went to Solid Signals. One just mentions the zip code of the area and they tell you the best style and type of antenna to use. Ended up with two stations from Watertown and four from Canada. Since I didn't get any after the initial change to Digital my problem is now history. THANKS!

tom lyter

Re: TV Reception on Black Lake

Post by tom lyter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:57 pm

I see you got T.V. reception may I ask what antenna you got we can not get any reception. We are over near camp Wildwood on Mitchell road and wish we could get even a station out of watertown so as to get local weather and just be able to view some T.V. on days we just want to relax anything you do to help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Re: Tom LYTER

First I would like to say that I am situated almost directly across from the Log Cabin Store and Cabins. I recommend you go to http://www.solid signal.com. Stroll down till you see where you can enter the zip code for Hammond which 13646. They will show you the antenna you need for reception. It's best you check it out and see the information on it. They have several reviews from other purchasers. The antenna that I purchased is the following. - Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8x8Bay. The current price is $59.99. I also purchased 50' of Custom Cable RG6 which was recommened. It's price is $16.99. Since I never use on-line purchases for safety sake I also recommend you call them. Their number is given on the Web Site. I am sure you will be happy with this antenna. It saved me from not having any tv stations at all. Like you I also like to listen to the news and weather. Good Luck - Take Care - Catch & Release.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 pm

I bought a HDTV antenna from antennas direct. Make sure it has at least a range of 50+ miles. Point it towards Watertown and you should get ABC, CBS, a few PBS channels and the CW channel. I'm directly across from the state launch. Plus the antennas is blocked by a lot of trees but reception is great. Aim it towards Canada and I had 4 or more public access channels with nothing else.

erik

Post by erik » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:06 am

I pay 5.00 a month for direct TV at my camp!

tom lyter

Post by tom lyter » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am

Erik do you take your box from home?

erik

Post by erik » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah I actually have two boxes (10.00) this year becausebim tired of watching Dora the explorer! I had two old style boxes not the HD type that were compatible with the existing dish. If you want HD you need to get an HD dish which is pricey. I can't complain we get all the Yankees and Bills games so we're good!

tom lyter

Post by tom lyter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 am

Direct told me that I would have to put my home box on vacation and take it along although I just thought it might be easier to get an antenna and just leave it there if I could get good reception if I could just get one good station because I do not watch much T.V. (to much good fishing to watch) anyway thanks for the info.

Tom

PSS we are on mitchell road in a camper that we leave up there year around just winterize in the winter just about as good as a camp.

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: Tom Lyter
Your best bet for good TV Reception is still the antenna that I mentioned when you first inquired about it. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Catch & Release!

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:15 pm

I am asking for any information relative to the grounding of an TV antenna coaxile cable. Presently have 20' metal pole in ground with antenna attached. Was told that the pole would act as the ground for the antenna and should have no problem. However was also told to ground the cable for protection should lightning strike the cable. To do this they have copper rods that go into the ground. The problem here is that most of the area is very rocky and really cant see how I could accomplish this. Anyone out there have any answers or advice on this? Thank you

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Best bet is to get one of the rods, cut it in half and poke around until you find a crack, crevice in the rock. Drive both halves and connect them together with the ground cable to the antenna mast.
Had to do it that way for my home electrical service. There is but 12" of soil where the grounds went in.

Good luck. 8)
Phil