Goodbye forever Black Lake. Depressing and run down..YUCK !!

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

BigRig

Re: Goodbye forever Black Lake. Depressing and run down..YUC

Post by BigRig » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 am

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:28 pm

How hurtfull of big rig.

I don't think we should keep fueling this post.

I think the administrators should delete the complete post.

BigRig

Post by BigRig » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm

I did it for you instead. There is no room for intelligence in this forum so no point posting any more. I guess I already made my point in the responses I got.

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Hopefully Big Rig is true to his word. He did mention about some guy that had caught around 40 undersized Crappie and was bragging about it. We all know and have seen people who disregard the size and limits of our fish. These people are violating the law and should be reported to the DEC for prosecution. Once a few poachers get fined the word gets out and if it is reenforced things can change. Protecting our lake fishery is the most important thing we can do. Catch & Release!

FinsNFeet

Post by FinsNFeet » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Black Lake/Hammond residence, please ignore the ignorance of some and more importantly please don't hold all of us that visit from suburbia in the same light. This summer was my first time up and although the fishing was a little tough at times, I wouldn't change a thing. It is nice to be challenged a bit. The poster that mentioned the top water was right on target. How can you complain about a lake that is giving you an average of 5# fish and from top water. The only disappointment I had was I was hoping for more and larger smallmouths. I realize I didn't locate the spot or fish the depth the lake called for, it wasn't the lakes' fault. The largemouth made up for it a bit though. The poster that commented about the older shacks and abandoned junk cars, I love it. It added character. During the slow times I would look at the run down abandoned shack on an island and day dream about how it was years ago. Imagine what the area looked like and how the old fashion fishing camps were. Don't change a thing. I wonder, did BigRig do anything about that group with the over the limit of undersized fish? Take a hull #, license plate # and report them to the DEC. I guess it is easier to complain and throw stones then do something about it. I'll be up October 11th and looking forward to it, tough fishing, easy fishing, run down camps, abandoned camps and trucks, all of it.
Thank you all for having me....

erik

Post by erik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Bigrig I hammered the crappie last weekend. All keepers 9"-12". It was fun and they were delicious! And to th rest of my black lake brethren, you are welcome to stop by my camp for pops or beers anytime! I'm just two doors down from Black Lake Marine.

cw14

Post by cw14 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

erik wrote:Bigrig I hammered the crappie last weekend. All keepers 9"-12". It was fun and they were delicious! And to th rest of my black lake brethren, you are welcome to stop by my camp for pops or beers anytime! I'm just two doors down from Black Lake Marine.
Beers! :big-grin: