Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

danielsardina

Post by danielsardina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 am

This is Dan, I just joined your forum. I will be visiting Black Lake late June to early July. The hot weather is already setting in here in Central Florida, so I am looking forward to some cool NY weather. Found this forum by accident, and really enjoyed reading some old posts. The fishing atmosphere is extremely laid back in your area and it shows in your posts. I've fished Black Lake a few times and have had some great trips for smallmouth and largemouth, with a few northerns in the mix. Hope to see some of you all on the water when I visit.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by Phil » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:10 am

Welcome, Dan. Hope you continue enjoy Black Lake. "Laid back" atmosphere is a good description. 8)
Phil

danielsardina

Re: New member

Post by danielsardina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks Phil. Upstate New Yorkers are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. I grew up around Utica and really enjoy the area every time I visit. My wife did not like the cold, so I moved to Florida at 30 years old. Most people down here think of NYC when I tell them I'm from NY, they have no clue what the state is like. I can't wait to see the mountains and rolling hills and smell the crisp air. When I land in Syracuse, I'll seek out some tomato pie and cannoli's. Tough to get good pizza here.
Look forward to reading some fishing reports from BLack Lake and the St. Lawrence.