Crappie Bite Reports

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wishin fishin

Crappie Bite Reports

Post by wishin fishin » Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm

I will be there next weekend 5/15/15. I have not read anything about the bite be it crappie, northerns, bullhead, blue gills etc. Somebody please report out.

Thanks

315Anglers4Life

Re: Crappie Bite Reports

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Fri May 08, 2015 3:00 am

We will be going up Saturday , I have been keeping an eye on the posts their definitely picking up crappie ...the crappie bite has turned on a little sooner than past years , normally by this time a year it’s still decently cold water temp and their just getting ready to spawn once the water warms up, with all these warm temps they have to have turned on , the water temp is high 50's to mid 60's from the reports I've seen , I’m itching to get up there, looks like we may have a bit of rain and a cool front pushing through next week when where there but I don’t mind ..those 80 degree days out on boat fry you ....and the fish probably won’t mind either, I seen a pic of some guys who slammed the bullhead about week and half ago and I’m sure with the rain they will be active, also the few guys I have seen fishing for pike have had fairly good success in the past week as well, if you check in the Fishing Reports section I’m sure you'll find all the info I've spoken about. We will be there all next week I'll do my best to keep an updated thread in the fishing reports section through our trip.

Tight Lines
Good Luck
:mrgreen:

JR

Post by JR » Fri May 08, 2015 10:10 am

wishin fishin,

Check out Bob-O's fishing report and conditions. He even included tips on catching the Crappie now. Be sure to repay the favor by posting your report when you can.

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 12, 2015 9:34 am

thanks guy i saw the report section after i made the post. We will be leaving in a few days 5/15, i've been going to blk lk for the past 30+ years. yes agree with most everything you said about the water heating up faster than in years past. usually for us mid may is best. i would kill to get a load of bullhead. my main forage is the crappie and bh are a bonus.

good luck to you all we stay a pleasant view.