Sick and tired

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

tr21

Re: Sick and tired

Post by tr21 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 am

I agree. And change from 5 to 2 per day.

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:58 am

tr21 wrote:I agree. And change from 5 to 2 per day.
Yup. Those two simple changes would transform Black Lake from a good fishing lake to an absolutely stellar one .... and still allow people to have plenty of fish for meals.

The only people who would suffer are the cooler stuffers.

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 am

In Florida, the general statewide limit on bass is 5 at 14" with only one allowed over 22"...They are currently proposing dropping that to 16" with a vote coming soon.....They have also considered dropping the creel to 3.....What they do with the tournament fisherman is.....the tournament directors have to apply for an exemption from the statewide guideline for each tournament....allowing the anglers to hold 5 of any size on those particular days...They have up to 3 days prior to apply....This also gives the FWC (like the DEC) a way to track all the tournaments that are being held....No more stringers with 5 big bass on them.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

mojo

Post by mojo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:19 pm

I think it's time for the web administratior to dump this topic/post. I'm sure most people are sick and tired of reading replies to a post that should have never been allowed to continue in the first place. Lets get on to better topics - PLEASE.

Dwane

Post by Dwane » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:11 pm

TIME FOR ME TO SPEAK UP! FIRST LET ME SAY HATS OFF TO MR. SICK AND TIRED HE’S GOT IT RIGHT. I TRY AND PROVDE FOR MY FAMILY OF 7 BOYS AND 4 GIRLS . WE FISH EVERY DAY AND SOONER THEN LATER SOME BIG BASS BOAT STORMS IN ON US AND ALMOST THROWS US OUT OF OUR PONTOON . THE LAW SAYS WE CAN KEEP UP TO 5 BASS EACH. WE KEEP EVERY THING LEGAL OF ANY TYPE FISH. OUR ASSISTANCE CHECKS DON’T CUT IT. WE WOULDN’T SURVIVE WITHOUT THE FISH FROM BLACK LAKE. IF YOU THINK WERE GOING TO THROW BACK THE BIGGER FISH, YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN. IF THE LAW WANTED US TO THROW BACK BIGGER FISH THEY WOULD HAVE A SLOT LIMIT. WE DON’T FISH ALL DAY JUST TILL MILLIONAIRE COMES ON THE TV( ILOVE THAT SHOW). DWANE

sickntired

Post by sickntired » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

WOW!!!
Wait till the BLB (Black Lake Bullies) gets ahold of you!!

erik

Post by erik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:30 pm

I agree this is stupid. I don't fish for bass anymore so that's one less bass fisherman to wory about! I'm a self professed crappie slayer now. Let's all just be safe and clean up our lake.

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 am

Who ever is in charge of the insane asylum your in big trouble...you left the gate open.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Years ago the Bass fishing was getting so it was rare to catch a really decent sized Bass. It was determined that if we changed the rule for size to 15" then they would have more time to grow and to spawn. Since then we have more larger sized Bass and that is fact. However we also have a lot of smaller sized fish coming up. Sort of simple if one thinks about it. Taking out the big ones - there is less propagation of the species. Taking out the smaller sized fish will drastically cut the amount overall. No small fish - equals no larger fish. It's dam if you do and dam if you don't. Mr Simon's idea of the slot method bears thought and might very well be the best answer. Catch & Release!

Jhnmcggh

Eliminating water

Post by Jhnmcggh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:50 pm

It's a natural resource governed by New York State. The only thing required to use this resource is a current fishing license. So, I don't care if your a local, out of stated, tournament fisherman, you all have the right to enjoy the resource. Learn to be courteous to each other. As far a s bass boat going fast, don't believe the general public realizes that a bass boat going 50 mph creates less wake than one going 10-25 mph. At 50 mph only the last 12 inches of the pad( bottom of boat) At 10-25 mph the whole boat plows thru the water causing a greater wake. But I'm sure there are inconsiderate tournament fisherman just as there are non tournament fisherman, jet skiers, and pleasure boaters or water skiers. Unfortunately some individuals take to social media forums to try to impress others and verify their self worth.
The one aspect that is really appealing of social media is if your opinion is different you can merely Click your mouse to exit the posting and never return. Lack of responses trivialize the original post.

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:21 am

This is an old thread and has plenty of junk posts.

But I'll use any chance I can to promote catch and release fishing on Black Lake. I am a HUGE proponent of keeping only a few mid-size fish to eat, and letting everything else go ... especially the big ones.

If you catch a big fish, snap a picture. Keep the memory, not the fish.