almost here

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Beaver Trapper

almost here

Post by Beaver Trapper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 am

hello everyone,it's finally here 5 days till we leave for black lake hope to be fishing by 3:00 saturday.Hope to have another great trip last year my son and i caught 302 bass for the week.Doing something different this year were going to weigh all bass caught and come up with an average weight for week.This might be our last year for black lake,thinking about going to lake Champlain for our week vacation,looking to get into some bigger fish.To many nice fish being kept at black lake,the size just isn't there lots of 2 & 3 pound fish that will get harvested till they reach 4,5,6 pounds.After seeing that video someone posted of that guy and wife keeping those bass and that's just one couple!Think of all the other people keeping fish all week.Hope everyone has a great week of fishing keep the lines tight.

fishinmagician

Re: almost here

Post by fishinmagician » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:50 pm

Have spent some time on Champlain. If you think BL gets windy, you haven't seen nothing. Bigger lake, bigger fish (sometimes) but real big wind. Got beat damn near to death in a 20 ft. Ranger VS. We could have done a TV segment as to the seaworthiness of Ranger Boats. Great lake to fish, if you go far from your home dock, have a good boat under you. I have mainly fished the North part of the lake around Alburg area. Cannot speak on the Sothern section. Good luck, have fun, be safe.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

tr21

Post by tr21 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Here we go again guys. Another one that spends 24-7 on the lake. There is no way to get 302 in a week . Champlain is a different fishery than black lake. Yes there are big fish but you better know what you are doing. I have fished it many times. Soft water as well as hard. As per Fishin it can get very very rough. South as well North.

sickntired

Post by sickntired » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 pm

tr21 You clearly have issues. The man said he and his son caught 302 bass for the week. Why is that so hard to believe? Maybe you need some fishing lessons?

Beaver Trapper

Post by Beaver Trapper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:18 pm

hey guys,tr21 i don't spend 24 hrs. fishing.we fish 4 hrs. in morning 4 hrs. afternoon 3 hrs. evening that's why i'm there.I have a post and pics from august 2 2014 or i can email you our totals from each day since 2009 i like to keep track of the years.last year was a great week good weather,fish on most structure.All fish released but 1 bad hook wasn't going to make it.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:07 am

Twenty five fish any size a day per person is do able. Times 6 days. Obviously weather conditions also play into it. Usually a problem for me is if I beat up an area bad one day with numbers I might only get 2 fish in that spot the next day. There are a lot of places to fish in the lake but also I find boats already on some spots I want to fish so part of the experience is finding other areas. Question is we as humans are a creature of comfort and habit. Pounding the same 100 foot shoreline with the same lure day after day year after year will not get you these numbers posted.
For years as a renter we were camped next to a few gentlemen from pennsylvania. From first impressions not what I would have thought as hard core or die hard fishermen. Wrong impression, these guys caught fish day after day morning, noon and night. Our group of catch and releasers called them the " wackem, packem and stackem" group. What I learned most from them is they very rarily fished the same area or lures day to day and year to year. We could not duplicate their results. They freely showed us were and what lure used. We fished 100 percent black blue jig and pig with decent results back then within the limited areas we always fished. You want numbers here you have to move around and or try different baits.

Beaver Trapper

Post by Beaver Trapper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:39 am

492vs i agree you got to move around,we get our numbers by fishing 15 to 20 spots a day,we found over the years. We also don't get stuck on one lure for the week.we have a good afternoon pattern 10-3 that puts alot of fish in boat.