Floating dock

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

erik

Floating dock

Post by erik » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:53 pm

I sold my camp that had an awesome dock "the rolla dock". At my new camp I've decided to go with a floating Barrel dock because there isn't any current. An issue I'm having is how to attach it to the shore so it rises and lowers with the fluctuating water. Does anybody have any ideas or to the people with floating docks on the lake what have you done to combat this issue.
Thx.
Erik

Fishpro

Re: Floating dock

Post by Fishpro » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Prior to purchasing my current roller dock I used to use brackets on the sides of my wooden dock. In these brackets I slid pipes down into the sand. Worked for me. Only reason I switched to my new rolller dock was because I'm getting too old and physicly cant handle the old dock anymore . Catch & Release!!!

njmike

Post by njmike » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:14 pm

You can buy dock piling rollers like the one in the photo. You could also probably come up with something that works the same way if you have the time. Not sure on price.
Attachments
boat-dock-hardware-pile-guides-hoop-poly-roller1.jpg
boat-dock-hardware-pile-guides-hoop-poly-roller1.jpg (300.96 KiB) Viewed 3914 times
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

njmike

Post by njmike » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

I guess you also need a gangway from land to the dock. you can put a roller on the gangway where it meets the dock so it will move with water level and waves.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

erik

Post by erik » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Thx. For the info. Those pilings are around 100.00 each. I'm gonna make them!