Anybody ever heard of Adventure Bookie?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

kaziemierz

Anybody ever heard of Adventure Bookie?

Post by kaziemierz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm a member of the BLCOC and have a cottage rental business on Black Lake. I'm not going to mention my or it's name because I don't want anyone to accuse me of using this forum to advocate my business. I received the following email today from some business called Adventure Bookie.

"My name is Tyler Freeman and I am in desperate need to find a pace to stay/fish for a week for the opening of pike. I work for a company called Adventure Bookie which is a new outdoor guide/tour/lodge/excursion directory/videography service that is launching in a few weeks. I will be filming in your area for Pike opening day with an Adventure Bookie pro staff member and have heard great things about your lodging and lake access. We would love to come fish and film May 7th-14th (or around those dates). Our budget is limited to around $600-650 max. We are willing to produce a series of promotional videos for your business and area as long as you are willing to accommodate us with a cabin and a boat for a week for that price. Please let me know if you receive this email as black lake is our number one choice for fishing upstate New York for Pike Opening day. Below are links to a few video examples, as well as all of our social media platforms in which these videos will be showcased. You will also have a longer video featured on adventurebookie.com as well as a link to your business. (Pictures of Adventure Bookie.com attached)"

I just wanted all BLCOC members and also everybody else to be aware of these people.

Kaz

MrSimon

Re: Anybody ever heard of Adventure Bookie?

Post by MrSimon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:49 pm

I also have a cottage and got the EXACT same email. I figured it was spam and just deleted it.

492VS

Re: Anybody ever heard of Adventure Bookie?

Post by 492VS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Some yahoos looking for a free ride. Lol