Help sectioning off lake waters for crappie

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

John M

Help sectioning off lake waters for crappie

Post by John M » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:47 am

Have my initial Black Lake crappie outing scheduled for May 19-21. After viewing the size of the lake, it is apparent I will not be able to cover all areas of the lake in the 3 day trip. So, I'm looking for assistance on which area of the lake I should concentrate my efforts in pursuit of crappie.
In a effort to make it easier for myself and the prospective responders I have split the lake into three discernible sections.
1) Booth Island (Edwardsville) and north to Lower Bog Bay.
2) Booth Island(Edwardsville) south to Tavern Island
(Large central part of lake)
3) Tavern Island south to Rossie.

Not looking for GPS coordinates(but they won't be refused), just which section of the lake is most productive. I understand that a majority of the fisherman probably concentrate their efforts in the middle section(convenience- time,gas, motor hp).
I will have limited time on water, probably 3-5 days yearly. Living 200 miles away has its limitation.
So, I will have no problem returning the favor to anyone that provides assistance with a response. Via one of three forms( this post, personal message,or my email address)
In addition to returning the favor to all who choose to respond, I will make a general posting as to techniques bait, general areas.
Thanks

MrSimon

Re: Help sectioning off lake waters for crappie

Post by MrSimon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Everyone has their favorite hot spots, and crappie can be anywhere.

But if it were me, I'd stay North of the bridge in Edwardsville. That's where I've caught more and bigger crappie every year.

John M

Re: Help sectioning off lake waters for crappie

Post by John M » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:26 am

Thanks for your recommendation.