315Anglers (TeamEighmey) Trip in 25 Days !!!!

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

315Anglers4Life

315Anglers (TeamEighmey) Trip in 25 Days !!!!

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 am

Hello Everyone , once again it is that exciting time of year . Our annual 315Anglers (formally known as Team Eighmey in past years on this forum) trip is quickly approaching , we are looking forward to getting up there and getting some fish. As always we will try and keep a up to date posting of our trip , let you guys know how we are doing , if were finding the fish or not. Anyone looking for any advice or want to trade some info is always welcome pm us . Last year we got some really good tips on catfish spots which we have never caught any in Black Lake all these years and we landed 2 really nice cats , so I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and I hope the fish cooperate for everyone as well. Tight Lines everyone we'll be seeing you soon !!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

bluschen

Re: 315Anglers (TeamEighmey) Trip in 25 Days !!!!

Post by bluschen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 am

Ill be leaving in 25 days myself, staying until the 22nd...good luck fishing and stay safe

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 pm

We're are also leaving in less than a month normally there the 3rd week of may but, will be early this year 13-16 by mistake which should work out with the mild winter. I've caught everything in the lake except for a sturgeon (didn'y know they had them) a 15-lb channel cat. I'm very interested in catching bull-head - got into them by mistake last year and caught 10 but would like to get more. I would appericiate any info. on where to find them.

John M

Post by John M » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:30 am

29 days to go myself. Can't wait

315Anglers4Life

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Tue May 03, 2016 3:45 am

11 Days left ..Im so pumped I could puke lol

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Tue May 03, 2016 6:45 am

The Boat is ready, new line on the reels, tackle box has been inventoried.
yet I'm sitting here typing this and just waiting for the morning of the 15th to hit the road to Black Lake.
Usually takes till Tuesday or Wednesday to get work out of my head and that allows me to just focus on fishing. The time up there always goes so fast and each year I say to myself I need to get a camp but the 3.5 hour drive from Binghamton always makes me shy away.
I've contemplated other lakes But my thoughts always come back to Black Lake.

njmike

Post by njmike » Tue May 03, 2016 8:14 am

bluschen wrote:The Boat is ready, new line on the reels, tackle box has been inventoried.
yet I'm sitting here typing this and just waiting for the morning of the 15th to hit the road to Black Lake.
Usually takes till Tuesday or Wednesday to get work out of my head and that allows me to just focus on fishing. The time up there always goes so fast and each year I say to myself I need to get a camp but the 3.5 hour drive from Binghamton always makes me shy away.
I've contemplated other lakes But my thoughts always come back to Black Lake.

It takes me 5hrs door to door. I bought a camp last year and have no regrets at all. I usually take Friday or Monday off and drive up after work so I end up with 2 full days and drive back home after lunch on the 3rd day. The phone still works and we have a stereo but no computer or TV so I feel time slows down. 3.5hrs is worth sitting on your own dock. Have a great trip guys!

see you on the lake
Mike
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 am

mannnn... it like christmas and the feeling never gets tired, I'm so ready!!. Rods and reels ready to go and I got my new ternova i-pilot link with spot-lock crappie beware!!

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Tue May 03, 2016 9:25 am

Let me know what you think about the I Pilot...My trolling motor is getting on in years and I've been thinking of replacing it next year....I just don't have a lot of room in the Bow of my boat to accommodate an additional battery for the 24V

njmike

Post by njmike » Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 am

I have a 12 volt so only 1 battery. I love the I pilot ,the best feature is the electronic anchor. It will keep you in the same spot once you hit the button even if the wind changed or picks up speed. I don't have it hooked into my fish finder but still like it.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Tue May 03, 2016 12:59 pm

You will love the Terrova with i-pilot. Spot lock comes in handy way more than you'd think, and the autopilot feature is nice too.

I just sit in the back of my boat with the remote and control everything without having to move. It's kind of like cheating.

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 03, 2016 1:25 pm

I just got it and only used it once. I was with friends on lake erie in 60' of water - the spot locked is awsome but it was a an usual calm day. I hope to go out along this weekend to play with it so I'm ready for next week. I envision spot locking anywhere and everywhere on crappie, recording my tracks and then following it (no hands) to where the bites were, or using the "go to feature" to hit those way point/spot locks where the hits were. Mind you I don't know how yet but have the directions on how.

The only drawback is the motor is insanely costly, more than a kicker 9.9 but what you gonna do. Everyone I talked to or heard from have nothing but good reviews.

John M

Post by John M » Tue May 03, 2016 1:27 pm

I have the 80 lb terrrova I pilot. Bought 3 seasons ago. Was $1500 but turns out to worth every penny. Has foot pedal control with 18 cord. But also with hand held remote control . Spot lock- keeps the boat within 5 feet of the spot you locked in. Once you exceed the five foot area motor automaticallybturnd on and moves the boat back to GPS spot. Now a days the power poles on the rear transom of baseboard have become common. In fact most have two, one on each side of motor. Going for about $1500 each. Now the positive is you remain in the spot continuously, never noise, but your limited to 8-10 water depth to use( depending how much you spend). With I pilot, it will drift 5 feet away, and their is the sound a the prop blades turning to get the boat back to GPS spot. But can use anywhere on lake(no depth limitations.
Plenty more but private message me. If interested

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 am

will private message you