Mineral Point

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Yanacocha

Mineral Point

Post by Yanacocha » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:25 am

Where is Mineral Point? I checked the Black Lake Google Map but it wasn't listed there. Our Black Lake map is in the boat at the Lake but we are in Florida. An article in the Watertown paper said that a womans body was found at Mineral Point.

Chuckles

Re: Mineral Point

Post by Chuckles » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:50 am

I heard about that as well. Thoughts and prayers go out to the friends family.

3wisem

Post by 3wisem » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:35 am

Mineral Point is also known as Dury Point and it happened at the camp with the red metal roof. The reason I know this is because I am the son who found her. My family thanks-you for your thoughts and prayers at this time and we find comfort that she passed where she was the happiest.

Sean Johnson

Yanacocha

Post by Yanacocha » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Dear Sean Johnson and Family,
Please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. You're right about Black Lake being a place that brings so much joy. We bury my father-in-law tomorrow on Long Island and all he wanted in these last days was to see Black Lake one more time. I am not able to go but asked my husband to please slip into his jacket pocket a #5 Mepps, his favorite lure. He'd been coming to the lake since 1950 and brought my husband as a two year old in 1954 for his first visit. Sorry to say, because of his illness, he wasn't able to visit since we finished building our camp 2 years ago but when we come up next month I know he will be there with us just as you know that your mother is there in a place we all love.
Camille Fox

tmutt

Post by tmutt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 am

Sean Johnson and Family,

Please accept my deepest sympothies. Dury Point has got to be about the best place to be when the lights go down.
Tight lines,

Tmutt

tmutt

Post by tmutt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

Yanacocha wrote: We bury my father-in-law tomorrow on Long Island and all he wanted in these last days was to see Black Lake one more time. I am not able to go but asked my husband to please slip into his jacket pocket a #5 Mepps, his favorite lure.
Camille Fox
Sorry to read about your FIL Camile :( . Would you like to disclose the exact location of the #5 Mepps that will be intured? Many a Black Lake fisherman use that lure. :) Just kidding of course.
Tight lines,

Tmutt

Khorton8
Newly Registered User

Post by Khorton8 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:05 am

Hello Sean and family,

I only recently heard of the passing of your mother and I am very sorry. She was a wonderful woman who I always looked forward to seeing and receiving letters from while in school. There are so many things to say which aren’t appropriate for this forum, however I pray that you and your family have found healing.

Love always,
Kelley