GoBe'S

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

MrSimon

Re: GoBe'S

Post by MrSimon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 pm

I feel like Black Lake would be a really really hostile environment for gobbies. The fish in Black are spread out over the whole lake, there wouldn't be anywhere for them to hide. The largemouth, smallmouth, pike, walleye, bowfin, catfish, and even some bigger crappie and perch would feast on them.

The river has WAY more water volume than Black, so much of it is void of gamefish .... the gobbies have unlimited space to spread out with no predators. That wouldn't be the case in Black.

Topwater
Newly Registered User

Post by Topwater » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Mr Simon, I sure hope you're right! I pray we never have to find out though, because if you're wrong, it would be devastimg to both the fishery and local economy.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:31 am

You will know when gobies are here. Fishing on the bottom you will be bit instantaneously. Pesky fish will give you the feel of a bite but will not hook up. You will get tired of setting the hook to nothing. You will need to dropshot then keeping the bait a foot or two above the gobies.

bob
Newly Registered User

Post by bob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:54 pm

I fish Lake Erie and catch a lot of Gobe's in the summer. You can catch a Bass and in the same spot catch a Gobe. It does not seem to matter if there are predator fish in the same area. I have fished every year since 1992 for a week in May. Love it

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 am

I have wondered if the cormorants would be responsible for gobies getting into Black Lake the way they fly back and forth. Its possible they have already been introduced and never took hold.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.