Whats a forum??

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

funtimesBL

Post by funtimesBL » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 am

I had this very same discussion this summer with a few posters. Its strange how a poster can't really post about a great place to stay on Black Lake, yet a fishing boat charter poster can claim about great fishing. IMO, its a bit of a double standard. To me, if one cannot post about rentals then how can someone be allowed to freely advertise their services? Does it make me like this site any less? No. But it certainly makes me question the ability to fairly post. Not looking for hatred here, just equality.

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:53 am

AMEN PHLI.... I don't look at the fishing trips as advertising... I look at it as valuable fishing info. I do not believe this forum should be about hate comments. I can't wait for the hard water reports. Good luck to all you Ice fisherman.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Unauthorized Forum Ads

Post by Phil » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Rockhead wrote:Recently I have noticed that there are more advertisements being placed on this forum. First it was about that Fishing Guide, yesterday there was one on property for sale in Ireland and now today there is a new one about patio style fire places. One should report these vioations to the Webmaster at Admin. The Webmaster normally looks over and keeps tract of these things and deletes them from the forum when appropriate.
Those posts get deleted - the mods and admin catch them pretty quickly.
Phil