Observations & Questions

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ErikS

Post by ErikS » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm

I thought this year was as good as if not better than the previous year as far as fishing goes. I did notice more weed growth this year.... i think its due to the warmer weather we've been having not to mention zebra muscles clearing up the water. I dont think ive ever seen the brown slime on the water but then again we go up in May and late Sept. Just my 2 cents.
The more people I meet the more I like my dogs.

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:07 am

I am a landowner as well. While I have certainly seen the zebra mussels increase on our shoreline, I have not seen the decline in either baitfish or panfish. The only differance I have seen in front of our property is that there are a few more weeds. The shoreline is rocky and when we first purchased the property there were almost no weeds. Incidentally, the weed edge seems have improved the fishing off the dock. I will say this - when we need fish for a fish fry, the large bluegills have been plentiful this year.

Othahyu:ní

Post by Othahyu:ní » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

The Greenish tint of the lake water was due to a very higher than normal algae bloom when I was up in July.

Although with the hotter weather the more the bloom along with the sewage nutrients entering the lake. Sewage nutrients entering the lake do make a difference in Algae blooms.

As we do here at the small lake I live by we all keep our septic systems up to date and in good working order. Most of the Summer use only cottages don't have their systems pumped out at the end of the season like they should. As for those of us who live here year round we have our systems pumped every year. And we have noticed the difference it makes in Algae blooms.
Lord Grant that one Day even I.
May catch a Fish on a Make Believe Fly.