help!

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

PA FishHog

help!

Post by PA FishHog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:21 am

Been at the lake since Saturday and having trouble finding the bass, have been fishing with senkos in the bays. Are the fish deep since the lake turned? The fish just don't seem to be active right now. What should I do? [/list]

jpatsfan11

Post by jpatsfan11 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 am

Don't go too far into the bays. Try fishing where you first start to see the weeds as you go into the bay. work the senkos real slow. And change colors if you haven't tried that yet. I find color to be the #1 reason why I catch or don't catch fish.

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

Try staying as far as you can cast from the weed line, When the senkos quite working we tried bullfrog colored scum frogs and bullfrog colored
tiny torpedoes. all top water. we actually caught bass over in orchard bay on a very small pcs of worm on the hook anchored. Sometimes its hard to find where they are when the lake is turning,

fishUC

Post by fishUC » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:27 am

you could always troll the 10-14 ft depths from raspberry to wood island.

also - far side of raspberry and both sides of Mutt an jeff se to have fish year round

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

Follow what these last posts said. They are right. I am dying to fish deep in bays since it worked 4 weeks ago or so. But it hasn't worked since. Orchard bay, definitely around the weed edges. And they are right when the say cast to the weed edge not have boat in it. I am going in about an hour and fishing till nine myself. I will let you know what I find. My game plan is to get deep into bays around 6pm, but this is just to try it out. If I still can't get the deep bays to produce, I will be gun and running before dark.

I did some land fishing Saturday around home and high water made the bite just about stop from a few days before. So hang in there. My numbers aren't that good, but I fish primarily senkos just because I love that type of fishing. Run and gunning works well for me after I try senko's, spinners, top water, etc.

PA FishHog

Post by PA FishHog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks for all the help! Ragin maybe I'll see you out there today, we're heading back out around noon

billbo
Site Admin

Post by billbo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Along some shorelines , the weedline starts about 2'-3' from the shores edge. This creates a sort of trough. In the morning and evening, try casting right on shore and then pull your offering into that trough. The bass patrol along these edges at times and ambush anything that thinks it's safe in there.

papreacher

Post by papreacher » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi guys, I have been here since saturday and so far fishing has been slow. Even the bluegills and crappies seem slow. I have been reading and it seems I am not alone. I will keep trying if I find something I'll let you know. Thanks guys for letting me know I am not the only one finding fishing challenging.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Hey PA Fishhog, not sure if I saw you out there or not. How did you do? Were you fishing the river at all?

PA FishHog

Post by PA FishHog » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Well ragin, I'm having quite a bit of trouble, and no I wasn't in the river at all been in the north end mostly. Just can't find the bass, sounds like your night went pretty good. You're going to have to show me how to fish this lake before Saturday!