July 26th

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ragincajun

July 26th

Post by ragincajun » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Hit the water at 1pm and only fished till 6pm. Hot but beautiful. Had to get the life jackets out for my 12yr old son and myself as the main part of the lake on the south side was choppy enough to warrant it. Little boats must have had a rough time. In the first hour and 1/2, I caught a 15in SM, 13.5in LM, and 14in SM. After that, the wind picked up so we headed to the river for some wind cover. No luck in the river but my son had two big hits on his frog that didn't end up getting hooked. Lots of boats in the river, some fishing, many tubing. Tight area for casting and staying out of the way but all are welcome to use it. Finally after lunch and some relaxing and bank fishing, we left and went back to where we started. Only to see fish jumping closer to shore than where we originally were having luck. Unfortunately, some folks had two horses in the water and then went swimming so we couldn't get close to shore. Finally gave up, as son was skunked and any longer would have made the trip no fun for him. I ended the day with two other 10in LM. Here is a pic of the 15in smally which wasn't as big as could have been, but nice.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:01 am

Nice pic Ragin! See your trolling motor is still hanging in there, hope it makes it through the season for ya.

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm

awsome fish Ragin congrats.