July 24-30

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

hookumcookum

July 24-30

Post by hookumcookum » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Got to the lake to find it was turning. The water was very miscolored add in the fact that it was full moon it was tough to say the least. Stayed at a different location this year so it was like being at black lake for the first time after staying at different location for 7yrs.After a slow start my son and I ended up with 59 bass for the week.Caught 1 pike while bass fishing. Since the bass fishing was slow we looked for some panfish got into a few crappies with monday being the the best day 4 of us catching well over a 130. Ended up with 70 keepers for the week the best we have ever done.By the end of the week started to figure a few things out with the bass and ending on a good note as I went out Fri. eve and caught 9 bass in the last half hour.As I have often said every year is differnt you just have to keep trying different things. This year for me it was a buzzbait it worked all day long but was really hot on fri.eve as i caught 6 0n buzzbait 2 on scum frog and 1 on rapala. I really like to fish with senkos but sometimes the switch has to be made.O and by the way all i caught with perch colored xrap was weeds! I guess i dont know how to use it! :lol:

bulldog58

Post by bulldog58 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Great report thank you, I will be at BL Oct 9th for the first time so your info was good for me. Thanks again

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Great report. Sounds like fun was had by all.

Pochucker

Post by Pochucker » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 pm

And dinner