Sept.4-10

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

toddfore

Sept.4-10

Post by toddfore » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 am

Arrived on the 4th to 25mph winds so we launched the boats and left them tied up for the day. Not the start we were looking for after a years wait. Sun. and Mon. proved to be a couple of the toughest days we've had in the 7+ years of coming up. I had 3 bass total for the 2 days. Both days were windy and rainy. Tues brought some decent weather and better fishing. The wind still blew but it was sunny and I managed 15 for the day. Wed., still windy and overcast and only mangaged 4 for the day. Thurs. and Fri. were much of the same as rest of the week except I managed 30 in the 2 days. Only caught 8 sm. mouth all week. Worst week for wind and fronts we've ever had. Caught majority of the fish in outside weedlines in 8-10ft of water. Topwater wasn't worth the effort. Tried pitchin weed pockets and picked of a few strays. Biggest fish between 4 of us were 3lb8oz lg and 2lb15oz sm. That's also the lowest weights for lunkers we've ever seen. All fish were returned to get bigger for next year.

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Your report Todd is on par with the fishing so far the first half of September....Changing weather and seemingly tougher fishing...It may just be your timing this year.

It will be interesting to see what they catch in the dash for cash this coming Sunday. We've all been concerned about the size of the bass in the lake recently. I think the numbers are good. It is possible the bigger fish are there and just haven't been biting. Sunday should give a good indication.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.