Fishing Report for 9/17-9/19

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

StrikeKing

Fishing Report for 9/17-9/19

Post by StrikeKing » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 pm

What an odd weekend, I can't remember seeing a more diverse weekend in terms of weather variance.

Friday night I only fished about two hours but I caught one nice bass and missed two others due to distractions (phone calls, maintenance issues). But it was a good night and the fish we caught were nice fish.

Saturday we were on the water at 6 am, thank God I brought my winter hat, gloves, heavy clothes. I fished all over the lake. From the channel at the east end, to the large Islands on the main lake. The fishing got better and better as the day went on. We boated some nice bass and some nice pike.

Sunday was...tough. The bite was really slow until around 11am, but we got on fish. The bass bite stayed pretty steady from 11am until we quit in the evening. The best parts of Sunday were: we saw an Osprey fly down out of a tree and take a fish out of the water from less than 20 yards away from our boat, and I lost a HUGE northern that came completely out of the water twice, not just the head, the ENTIRE BODY of the fish came out of the water twice and finally spit my lure in the second jump. I've caught really big northerns, and I know this one was over 40.

I know there were guys who caught big fish during the tournament. The fish are there, but I think it can only help to encourage catch and release. I hate hearing about people who come off the water at BL with over 20 pounds of bass in the livewell and eagerly fillet them. Eat Crappie instead, lol.

Practicing and encouraging catch and release since 1977
SK