10-11 Ice-Fishing Reports

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Builderone

Re: 10-11 Ice-Fishing Reports

Post by Builderone » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 am

I was out thursday and it was great. :D :D Its all ice no slush the wheeler stayed right on top. caught a limit of blue gills.

madperry

Post by madperry » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 am

Been here all week and doing fairly well. A 5lber pike on tipup, one hammer while jigging, and tons of perch around mutt and jeff. Several bronzebacks while targeting pike on tipups and jigging between tin and raspberry. Had about an 8lb pike snap my leader at rollway on the way up the hole, but was thrilled to get into some keeper crappie. Can't get those around home. No walleye to be found. Ran into some nice locals that shared tips. Adam and jiggin' Jim. Jim spent about an hour teaching me jigging techniques and let my son drive his 4 wheeler! And Chapman's is a better bait store than any shop we have in Rochester. Really nice.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Got out today for a few hours. Very nice weather to start - then the wind picked up. 18+" of ice, 13 in the Narrows. Caught one small pike all day.
I think I did more playing with my new treads :D

First day on the ice for these new treads - today
I added ice screws to the tracks.  Mosys along at 35-40MPH about 60% of the top end with tires.  Tons of power and get up and go.  I am very happy with them  --  bring on the slush (next year).
Phil

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:03 pm

WOW Phil, Thats what I call pipping your ride. That must be awsome on the ice. 8)