Dec. 24th report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

marti110

Dec. 24th report

Post by marti110 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Fished just outside Rollaway bay around the point from 10 am til 3 pm today. 10 pike between 4 of us. 3 over 5 lbs. Lots of small perch jigging. Guy next to us caught a couple crappie and a 19 inch walleye jigging. Overall a good first trip for the year. 4-5 inches of good ice all over the area we fished.

Pike-Buster

Pike

Post by Pike-Buster » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 pm

hey where would you suggest to go for pike, im coming up in a week or two, not sure where rollaway bay is, im waiting for my map too be returned, ive never ice fished here and would like some tips on where to fish

marti110

Post by marti110 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm

I've had good luck at Rollaway the past couple years. I've alsoi fished around Congers Isalnd and had good luck. I hear the Black Bay can be good at times. I haven't really fished the north end of the lake much but I also hear that can be good. I would say any weelines around most of the bays can be good.

Pike-Buster

Ice Fishing

Post by Pike-Buster » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:47 pm

okay, thankss, looking forward to the trip up next week, ill be posting pictures of my catch and where i caught them, thats if i do good, im thinking i will, have heard alot about black lake ice fishing from friends and all of you on here