Ice fishing for Pike!!

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Pike-Buster

Ice fishing for Pike!!

Post by Pike-Buster » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Im heading to Black Lake next weekend and just wanted to know where are some good spots for pike, I've never ice fished here and wanted a few tips from anglers who have...

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Ice fishing for Pike!!

Post by Phil » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Pike-Buster wrote:Im heading to Black Lake next weekend and just wanted to know where are some good spots for pike, I've never ice fished here and wanted a few tips from anglers who have...
Using tip-ups? I fish most any of the bays in 6 - 8 feet of water using large shiners or suckers about 12" off bottom. If you are in the weeds - fish the minnows about 2 feet under the ice.
Phil

Pike-Buster

Post by Pike-Buster » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:04 pm

thankss for the tip, im looking forward to my trip up next week, and i have a few ideas of where to go, do you think around bowman island would hold good numbers of pike, i did pretty well around there in the late summer for them, so im thinking it would be a good spot in the winter, but im not sure

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Pike-Buster wrote:thankss for the tip, im looking forward to my trip up next week, and i have a few ideas of where to go, do you think around bowman island would hold good numbers of pike, i did pretty well around there in the late summer for them, so im thinking it would be a good spot in the winter, but im not sure
Have never fished that end of the lake.
Phil

Pike-Buster

Ice Fishing

Post by Pike-Buster » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Okay, well i think i'll give it a try, there around the island, so it might work out, also how is the weather up there, i was told its supose to get above freezing for a few days, the ice should hold up, its good and solid by now im hoping, its around six inches from what ive heard