ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

doug1940

Re: ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Post by doug1940 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

7 of us fished BL last Fri, Sat and Sun. We caught alot of fish, and most were small, espically the perch. north of Raspberry Island was good for some nicer perch on Sun. Some crappies were caught, using both worm and minnows on a small jig head. Color of jig didn't seem to matter. Other fish seem to like black and yellow or just yellow. Fish we caught were perch, pike, sunfish, small and big mouth bass, some around 15 inches, crappies.
Beautiful weather, very little wind and nice air temp. Water temp was around 60. Crappies still had eggs, but they will spawn out any day. We stayed at Pleasant View, which was my second time and I just booked a trip for Oct. Had one great time.

Doug

Ronbonius

Re: ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Post by Ronbonius » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 pm

My cousin and his family were at the lake last week (May 28 - June 4) and from what he told me they hammered the crappies. A few days they limited out in fish in the 10-12 inch range. I don't remember exactly where they stayed but I do know they stay on the north (west) shore on the big end of the lake south of the Log Cabins somewhere. They traditionally fish the islands (Raspberry being a favorite). He never fishes live bait. Plastic jigs only. He's been fishing the lake every year for 30 years and he's said that this year was the best fishing he's seen in many years. I'm hoping to go next weekend if my son can get off work!
Ronbo