ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

jbake

ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Post by jbake » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 am

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS CATCHING CRAPPIE

Tori

Re: ANY CRAPPIE ACTION REPORT

Post by Tori » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Yes, they are catching crappies now in the shallow bays that go into creeks. I have caught some and have seen others catch some. They were using bobbers with small jigs and colored small plastics on the jigs. We were fishing from shore. Some Amish folks were in boats outside the creek area, but I did not see them catch anything. The water was only 3 to 4 feet deep with brush in lots of the creek.
Tori.

The Log Cabins are open now if you want some minnows.

FishingForFun2010

Post by FishingForFun2010 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 am

Another week or so and we should expect to see pretty good crappie fishing...everything seems later this year.

icejohn
Newly Registered User

Post by icejohn » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 pm

jbake wrote:WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS CATCHING CRAPPIE
Just found forum today newly registered.
Was also wondering how the bite is now and also am coming up to the Log Cabins first week in june can i expect a good bite at that time or will it be a little too late?
thanks,
icejohn

mavy

any crappie action

Post by mavy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:03 am

heading up to the lake may 9, would appreciate any info on crappie action. thanks, mavy

SHOCKER

Post by SHOCKER » Mon May 02, 2011 11:01 am

Heading up the 6th to put the boots to em.I,ll keep you guys posted. :shock:

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:06 am

We will be there tomorrow at 1:00 pm tomorrow gettin settled in for the opener. I will give a full report of what was biting when i get back.Weather looks absolutly beautifull for the next 6 days cant wait. good luck to a couple of my friends on here SHOCKER and FISHERMAN2582 see you there.

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Thu May 05, 2011 8:55 pm

I'll be staying on the south side and fishing from the 15th to the 22nd...Please post and let me know what the water level is like also. Cayuga and Oneida lakes are now restricting motorized boats until the water comes down and the Trees/brush quit floating in the lake.

Have a great time and good luck

bluschen

crappie bite

Post by bluschen » Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 am

Has the higher water levels affected the crappie fishing very much? I'm coming up on the 15th for a week and am looking for a general idea as to how the fishing has been this week for Crappie/Perch and Northerns

bluschen

Re: crappie bite

Post by bluschen » Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Is it me or is there a lack of chatter on here? 10 Days into the season and hardly any input from anyone.... Pretty quiet this year. Just saying... :lol:

princecraft papa
Newly Registered User

Re: crappie bite

Post by princecraft papa » Tue May 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I am going to the lake on the 19 & I have been checking the forum daily....its driving my nuts that there isnt any reports/bragging/info!
If God wantrd us to cut the grass....he woud'nt have covered 2/3 of our planet with water!! Fish on!

FishingForFun2010

Post by FishingForFun2010 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 am

Fished Monday...no crappies that I could find. I tryed every spot I knew. Water was 55 in the morning and 58 when we left. Had some luck with blue gills about 5-8 foot of water. Other than that really really slow...

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 am

welllllll just returned from our trip from BL and have to say the fishing wasnt good at all. NO crappies in at all , pike fishing only caught one and that was on a crank bait. water was very high like 3 foot , water was very cold , temps at 55 to 58 degrees. caught some really nice bass smallies and large mouth on the banks while searching for crappies.not much other to tell about BL. On the other hand on my last day there we decided to take boat out of BL ang go to the st. lawrence and absolutely mauled the walleye. That was fun we all limited out all of us 5 guys . Good luck to everyone else on BL it will be a week or two before crappies start coming in along with the pike too.

Staxeon
Newly Registered User

Post by Staxeon » Sun May 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Got back last week, fishing was rough. High water didn't start receeding until later in the week, rains this week probably brought that level up again. Landed one crappie all week long, we usually do a fish fry Wednesday night and had to cancel it for the first time.

Its my belief that the extremely high water levels have the fish going into newly accessible feeding areas (flooded woods) where we can't get boats, and its a buffet of worms, grubs, nests, etc. We saw a frog swimming about 50' from shore, just in the middle of the water, I'd never seen that before, probably safer out in open water for the guy than in the woods he's used to!

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Just got back tonight after spending a week on the lake...and the Crappie Action was good towards the latter part of the week. Fished crappie at the southern end of the lake and the fish were on the edge of the flooded woods with some of the boats heading into the woods 20-50 yds and coming out with limits of crappie. We did very well fishing minnows on small jigs/slip bobbers. Most of the females still had their eggs and I hope they hold off until the water recedes. The water is very high and early in the week the Northerly winds made it extremely difficult to get on the lake let alone fish the wooded edges of the southern end of the lake. Hope this helps you