June 2-12

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

blfisherman
Newly Registered User

June 2-12

Post by blfisherman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Fishing June 2nd-12th was great. The crappies were best at the beginning of the trip. As the week went on and the water level dropped it was harder but they were still able to be caught. Majority of them over 9" and the biggest was 12 1/2". This was a great change seeming that the past few years every crappie caught was 8 1/2" or 8 3/4." We caught some huge bluegils throughout the entire week that will make some good meals. Pike were active during the week on red eye wigglers, x-raps, live shinners, and glidin' raps. Many large bass over 17" were caught while crappie fishing. Very disappointed that the panfish tournament wasn't in place this year. This was the first year in over 16 years that I don't believe we were able to participate in it. Hopefully it will be organized for next year.

Tbone

Re: June 2-12

Post by Tbone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

Nice report , If you don't mind which side of the lake did you fish . Is the water back to normal and how are the weeds so far this year . I will be up Sunday for the night fish and will report when I get back.

blfisherman
Newly Registered User

Re: June 2-12

Post by blfisherman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

crappies and blue gills mainly behind big island in the little coves and bays. pike were hitting good in lonesome bay.