7 days and counting!

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

pennsyltucky
Newly Registered User

7 days and counting!

Post by pennsyltucky » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:23 am

Leaving for BL in 7 days and can't seem to do anything but dream. Never been up there but from what I've read and heard it sounds like fun. Staying at Backbay Camps and hoping for a few pointers on where to start the search, methods, bait, etc.. My dad and my son are coming for a kind of father's day getaway. My dad is looking for Callies, my son loves bass fishing and me, I just looking for a 30"+ Northern. Any advise would be great.

fishUC

Re: 7 days and counting!

Post by fishUC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 pm

our biggest pike come opening day of bass come when we troll on the east side of the islands in front of the camps from mcclears all the way up..raspberry, wood etc...some areas are 8-10 feet some get 14-16 - get the cranks and raps down near the bottom, 3 way swivel with bell sinker if you need weight - caught a few 30+ biggest was 39. you will catch everything doing this - bass, calico, pike...we don't troll often but it seems to work when we do.

for calico, who knows - its different every year. NW side of raspberry is good 75% of the years, right outside the buouys. minnows work better than grubs

for Bass with kids, big bay with worms, orchard bay (esp at dusk with buzz baits), outside the bays with worms, drop shots, shaky heads, water sounds high but if its dropping outside will be best - 9-12 feet outside weeds/

for smallies - west side of mutt n jeff has a good rock bottom, the weed line outside of the camps - 14 feet, is good too when the water is lower and temps are warmer with deeper weed lines/

since water has cleared up past 5 years, fishing has changed and got harder for big fish but they are still there.

pennsyltucky
Newly Registered User

Post by pennsyltucky » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks FishUC! Now you got me really excited! I can't seem to focus on anything that doesn't have fins on it. I really appreciate your help and can't wait to post our report w/ some pics.

snakedoc

Post by snakedoc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 am

Get a Black Lake map, you can get them at the Log Cabin, it will be a big help, especially when you go back again. Notice I said when, not if. Have a great time...