Reports

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishUC

Re: Reports

Post by fishUC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 am

here were our productive spots:

ouside orchard buouy line, especially ouside the exposed rocks on west shore side.

the whole west bank coming out of indian river and drifiting towards big bay
(if you curl around orchard the opposite back.

I am not sure the name of the bay but its south or devils graveyard and mutt and jeff....

in front of mcclears

orchard bay in shallow...

the flag pole in between orchard and lower deep.

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 am

What a awsome time we are having at the lake. Just being here is great. Fishing has been fairly good for us this year so far. we have caught 16 pike between 19 and 27 inches on worms and senkos suprised on that one. we have been fishing mostly in the Rasberry and tin island then back in Lonesome bay. Later in the evening we have been drifting down the coast from Chapmans into lonesome bays hammering the bass. most not making it to the boat. :( We did get 3 large mouth 19 inches in the boat and RELEASED very quickly. bass have been hitting torpedos and scum frogs. Back out this morning it seems the water level is on the rise. Does anyone else notice this? Good luck to all.

jimmyvs70
Newly Registered User

Post by jimmyvs70 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

Hey harry, ill be down there the second of july til the 9th, ill be to the right of rodgers at craigs apartments. so if you want to come join us for a beer your more then welcome and we can talk fishing! See you soon!

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

Sounds good! We will have plenty of those at our camp as well!
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

biggerbass

Post by biggerbass » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 am

Just returned from another great week & thanks to all the new friends I made . here is my report:
Day 1: fished north of bridge. 8am - 1;30pm. 17 keeper LM, ( all returned to the lake) 10 were 15-16", 3 were 16-17", 4 were 17 -18 '. water temp 71-72 degrees. 6 pike between 22-27' caught by accident. (plus numerous bite offs) most fish were taken right up against the bank on the windward shores( between Jennies island & Mandigos Point) near 6-8 of water but they were in only 1.5 to 3' deep. was surprised to catch them this shallow. Some were caught dragging a senko across the top of floating "scum' that was blown in. Also of note was that this was my first trip at this time of year with so liitle weed growth. My normal offshore spots did not produce because of lack of weeds. Only got 2 shorts . All but one, which was on a white chatterbait came on 5" & 7' senkos. color didnt seem to make a diiference but the unweighted "slow" retrive was key.
Day 2: fished different water north of bridge & north of 1st day spots. 8am -1pm. 10 keeper LGM. No pike. same pattern but only one was over 17".
Day 3: Fished 7am - 1pm entirely in Orchard bay. Nothing came off the shoreline but ended up with 8 LGM, 2 SMM, 7 pike. Multiple baits worked. The key was to find the rocks in the middle of the bay or isolated weed clumps & fish them thoroughly & slow. We marked many with buoys & then returned since we don't have GPS & usually run over them before they were found. So many boats fishing the shoreline but few caught fish there that we talked to. ran out of my favorite senko colors but the ones I seldom used still got fish. I did learn though that after 3 days of fishing, anything with black got the most pike.
Day 4: Fished conger shoals & big bay area. Much tougher for us. Could not get a shallow bite but got 9 LGM on plastic craws & beaver type baits in 6 - 9' all off points. Could not catch a cold on a jig/pig. ???????? A large bowfin came on a senko (25" + but wasn't measured.) We would fish the shoreline , get nothing then get a solo fish off the point. Nothing in between. Biggest LGM was 18 1/2 ".

All & all a fun trip. Hope this helps someone else. Can't wait until I return in Sept.

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:03 pm

What a fantastic week. Fishing was very good. seemed to change along with the weather patterns. I believe our counts ended higher than the last couple of years. It might be because the grandkids are older and more interested in fishing. We caught 92 bass between the 6 of us several were average 12 to 17 inches. all put back in the lake except one tuff dude that was 19 inches and came complete with its own set of hooks it had swallowed I assume it was after the worms and was just cut loose for release they were very large hooks is what amazed me it was still alive. We caught 32 pike 5 bowfin and only one garpike. Fished mainly rasberry ,lonesome bay and did make one trip down to rossie sighseeing and fished the way back it was in the diving rock area where we caught the previously hooked bass. all in all a great week. can't wait to get back in the fall. hopefully sooner. good luck to all. the fish are there you just have to be patient.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for the outstanding reports! Can't wait for my trip.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI