fish report first week of bass

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Beaver Trapper

fish report first week of bass

Post by Beaver Trapper » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm

just got back this afternoon,it takes so long to get here and the week goes so fast! stayed at camp wildwood again great place. fishing was the best we had yet my son and i caught 245 bass,14 pike,1 walleye,1 bowfin all fished released but the eye my son got 22 1/2" tasted great. there is not many weeds if you find patches of grass it holds the fish. find the leafy grass in 4 to 6 ft. of water.fish senkos,top water and pitch creature baits in holes and hang on.we also found a hump and shore line in 12 to 14 ft. of water no one was fishing and nailed big lm on deep diving crank baits.the top water bite was off and on when it was on it was great friday morning my son got 13 bass on chug bugs,but most of the week the best time was in evening 8 to 9 pm.we caught 2 bass on spinnerbaits thats it! we fished lots of shoals and points fish were stacked in some places with the lack of grass.i know everyone says the lakes not what it used to be but we caught lots of nice bass many 2lbs. many 3lbs. and alot pushing 4 nice fat healthy fish.if i can figure how to post pictures i will i may need help.i hope to get back in sept. for a few days its a 6hr. ride.GREAT PLACE TO FISH!!

wildchild

Re: fish report first week of bass

Post by wildchild » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 am

Glad to hear that you did well. thanks for the report! Did you fish the north end?
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

Beaver Trapper

Post by Beaver Trapper » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:28 am

wildchild,we fished both north and south farthest north we went was bullfish rock,most days fished north in morning,south in afternoon,north in evening,upper big bay,snake island not many weeds early in week,later in week water dropped and cleared find weeds you find fish

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 am

Thanks for the info! I have a while to go untill I get there, but love to track the conditions leading up to that time.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI