Aug 6-13

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

brian_c

Aug 6-13

Post by brian_c » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Got back from a week long trip to BL. Definitely different fishing this year as compared to last. Senkos didn't do squat - tried first day and last. Caught all my fish on a #3 mepps in 8-10' of water. Ended up with a nice 22" Walleye, 24" pike, a small bass and tons of panfish.

Fiancee used a chartruese 2" power bait first day and quickly gave that up as it didn't produce like it did last year. Switched to either a 2" black w/red tail OR 2" green with orange tail and she pulled out panfish after panfish after....well you get the idea. She did end up with a couple firsts on her ultralight: 1st bass (15") and 1st Pike (24"). Both were prefaced with "Holy $h1t" when they hit. :lol:

Brought a friend's 16 yr old daughter with us. She tried just plain worm on a hook - didn't do squat. Switched her over to the same lure setup the fiancee was using and she had the same results....panfish after panfish after....

Surprised by the lack of an algea bloom and that the northern end didn't seem as choked with weeds as it had been in the past. All fish were caught on the southern end of the lake.

Ohh and if you're looking for a good pole/reel combo, she was using a 6' Microlight UL pole with a Pflueger Trion GX reel. I'll be upgrading to a Pflueger President as my very old Shimano with No Fail Bail finally failed. Funny thing was that it was the newer of my two Shimano's that bit the dust.

wildchild

Re: Aug 6-13

Post by wildchild » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks for the info, three more work days and I will be headed north! You will not regret buying the Pflueger President, I have three of them and though I have more expensive reels the President is as good a value as I have found.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI