Fishing report 5-4 to 5-10

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wildchild

Re: Fishing report 5-4 to 5-10

Post by wildchild » Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

I don't catch perch of that size at all in BL! Nice catch.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

Bob-O

Re: Fishing report 5-4 to 5-10

Post by Bob-O » Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Report for 5-9/5-10. Yesterday the wind was blowing from the south. Water temp is still around 58F. we fished around hog back and did quite well. This was our fish double header of the trip, for 45 min we were catching them like crazy. I managed a 26.5 with a double steel leader in its mouth. Turned out to be a big hook and two steel leader end on end. That’s why we fish lures, the fish hardly ever get hooked deep. This fish surly would have died in the lake.
5-10 morning report. The weather is OK, but light drizzle and cold. Wind is blowing from the south west?? We drifted some of the bays close to camp where we were having luck and nothing. So we went back to hog back and still nothing. We moved to lonesome and drifted from the bus to the east shore and wow, the bit was on. One guy caught a beauty 27” on the first drift. We stayed there for a few hours and caught around 20 pike all around 20-22”. The weather still looks drizzly and cold but little wind. We expect to get out shortly.
I would like to say thanks to our neighbor AL and his wife from Webster NY. If we did not get any fish at all it still would have been a great trip just meeting you folks. All the tips for crappie will not be forgotten. And thank you and all the vets for your service to our country!
Bob
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation